What arbitrary choice makes you better than your peers?
Team Valor
 40%  [ 16 ]
Team Instinct
 30%  [ 12 ]
Team Mystic
 30%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 40

yes, there could eventually be a bluetooth to gps hack as well especially that they are releasing pokemon go plus at the end of the month - apparently it will only work with iPhone to begin with - I'm thinking of ordering it as soon as available
*bump* Because elfprince13 and elfprincess13 are monsters, they forced me to install Pokemon Go on my phone. And because I'm incredibly Type-A, I've been grinding my way up to level 18 in the past seven days. Are you all still playing the game? I've updated the first post with a poll about your team (Valor FTW, obviously).
Cannot stop. Almost done with an addin for prizm too
I still play, but not as much. Mostly when I'm stuck in traffic I'll open the app and get some kilometers on my eggs. But I'm too busy at work to check the app and there's never anything around at home.
No love for team Mystic. As it should be.
Jerks keep taking over the gyms in my home town >:F
LIke Alex, I only play when I'm already walking or biking. I don't usually take it out otherwise, although a part of me wishes I would.
And like all others, my arbitrary team choice makes me better than everyone else ever.
Eightx84 wrote:
All I hope is that the game comes to Windows 10 Mobile, because I don't want to carry around 2 phones, and I don't want to spend more than I already have.

So after a working client was released for Windows 10, I've been addictively finding and caring for Pokemon. I think it got somewhat out of hand when I was running back and forth in Niagara Falls to refill on Pokeballs in order to catch an expiring Dratini. But I think it was worth the effort.

(I also don't have a starter because the client didn't support it a few months ago... Not that I need one because I haven't been banned yet)
I have the significant misfortune of having two Pokestops in range of my house, and another two Pokestops in range of my office, so it's tempting to distract myself every 5 minutes with swiping the Pokestops. Cities like mine are superb for having a top of Pokestops to get and Pokemon to catch as you walk, but on the other hand, it's literally impossible to hold gyms for more than five minutes.
Eightx84 wrote:
Eightx84 wrote:
All I hope is that the game comes to Windows 10 Mobile, because I don't want to carry around 2 phones, and I don't want to spend more than I already have.

So after a working client was released for Windows 10, I've been addictively finding and caring for Pokemon. I think it got somewhat out of hand when I was running back and forth in Niagara Falls to refill on Pokeballs in order to catch an expiring Dratini. But I think it was worth the effort.

(I also don't have a starter because the client didn't support it a few months ago... Not that I need one because I haven't been banned yet)
i did not catch anything rare or Dratinis there but it was fun anyway.
KermMartian wrote:
I have the significant misfortune of having two Pokestops in range of my house, and another two Pokestops in range of my office, so it's tempting to distract myself every 5 minutes with swiping the Pokestops. Cities like mine are superb for having a top of Pokestops to get and Pokemon to catch as you walk, but on the other hand, it's literally impossible to hold gyms for more than five minutes.

/\ /\
same, so true

I want to release my new Pokemon add-in for Prizm - in your opinion where shall I make the announcement with wider description please - here or my projects section or just prizm only section... Unless you convince me otherwise I think my projects could be a good place to do the announcement before it is available in archive and perhaps more coding or sprite related post in prizm forum once it is accepted in the archive...
Finally, I can play pokemon go. With an LG K10.

This will make me to walk more, and that may be good, because I'm fat.

Once, I almost fall through a stairs to access the beach while I was playing it.

I like the game very much.
i have added download link to my signature below. If you are evolving Pokemon - give it a try. Thanks for everyone's support - have fun playing!
amazonka wrote:
I want to release my new Pokemon add-in for Prizm - in your opinion where shall I make the announcement with wider description please - here or my projects section or just prizm only section... Unless you convince me otherwise I think my projects could be a good place to do the announcement before it is available in archive and perhaps more coding or sprite related post in prizm forum once it is accepted in the archive...
You should at least have a topic in the Your Projects section, so that tifreak8x can feature it in the Projects of the Month news article, and I'm also planning to make a separate news article about it. It sounds like I may be a little late on this, though, as I think it's already in the Archives and you made a topic about it?
I have just updated the project post - thanks for adding it to the archives earlier, Kerm
The main problem with this game is this:

That's generous; my battery empties in about 80 minutes playing Pokemon Go with a Nexus 5.

So how has everyone been enjoying the Halloween event? I was quite confused last Wednesday when I suddenly started finding a lot of Meowths and Cubones, and the amount of candy per Pokemon caught doubled, but I've been enjoying it since. I've been particularly enjoying the extra candy collected via buddies: I now have enough candy to upgrade a Vulpix to a Ninetails (although neither of my Vulpices are good enough for evolving), I got enough Bulbasaur candy to turn my extremely good Ivysaur (Simply amazes/Blown away/10 attack/100 ultimate) into an unfortunately poor Venusaur (5 attack/55 ultimate), and I've been grinding up the Magikarp candy, now at 310/400.

Also, I noticed from Facebook that tifreak8x has been playing, but I guess is just too cool to post here on the forum. Specifically, he was discussing Pokedexes: I'm at 109 caught, 127 seen. How about you guys?
Haha I keep forgetting this thread exists.

Wednesday morning, I found out the distance travelled for candies in the buddy system was cut down to 25% of what it was, so I managed to polish off my Magikarp into a Gyarados. I've also managed to buddy system Seel to Dewgong, Vulpix to Ninetails, Charmander to Charizard (plus 25 more candies to also get a Charmeleon), Clefairy to Clefable, Diglett to Dugtrio, Grimer into Muk, and Koffing into Weezing. I'd like to say most of these were within 15 candies of evolving. Charmander had 86 candies, and I had to take it to 150, that was the worst one.

My current pokedex is 126 caught and seen, which is fun and painful. Getting super close to having this finished, but I've got several that are going to be difficult to get at all.

My profile is currently sitting at level 26, with 27,000 more exp needed for 27.

Currently, my most impressive aspect I have of this game is that I have 10 Eevees, all 705 CP or higher. The strongest is 765. I've caught so many Eevees since this game started, I have 2,189 candies, and I've evolved the three evolutions twice.

Since Wednesday, I've caught enough of the Ghastly line to get 1,498 candies. I consider just catching ghastlys and doing a 1 level evolution and releasing, as they are quite numerous, but that would require effort.

Oh, and I'm up to 466,841 stardust \o/
Wow, very impressive! Because I'm in a city, getting XP and catching Pokemon is unusually easy, but getting into gyms is ridiculously hard (and now harder since they rebalanced gyms to no longer be as biased against defenders). I'm 100K XP along in level 27, on my way to level 28, with 373K Stardust and 295/300 Pokemons in my bag. How did you manage to do so much walking to get all that candy? Yeah, NYC happens to be the one Eevee desert in Pokemon Go, apparently; everywhere I go that is more rural, there are Eevees a-plenty.
I let it run while I'm driving around on my paper routes and store drops. There are a lot of places where I'm going quite slow, so the KMs stack up pretty easily.

I have to say, I'm quite impressed you are so immersed into this game. Smile
It seems that the popularity of this game quickly ebbed within a few weeks to months after its release. It got replaced by other games (Clash Royale??), though, so I am not sure if this is good or not.

Also, this last statement is merely judged by a small sample, meaning my class and all the random chatter I hear during bus drives or outside. So I might be wrong.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours