It's almost time for World Maker Faire, which also means it's time for last-minute work on new projects to show off at the Faire. Last year, the project was our Light-Based Whack-a-Mole made with a TI MSP432 Launchpad, a custom fabbed PCB, a custom-built play field, and a TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. This year, I've been slowly working on making a graphing calculator ECG. I certainly made at least one fake TI-BASIC ECG program back in the day, and I bet I'm not the only one. ECG plots are one of the types of graph the average non-STEM adult sees, including in medical television shows, and they seem practically like magic. The ECG I'm creating for World Maker Faire 2016 is a toy, not a medical diagnosis tool, but it is built from proven techniques to measure the heart's electrical activity. The Arduino code is a stripped-down, modified port of the firmware from the CardECG by mobilECG (Hackaday article). The hardware and software are very much a work-in-progress, as it currently outputs a very poor, over-smoothed wave, but I'm excited to find the "spare" time to refine it over the coming days to show off this Saturday and Sunday. In the meantime, here's a video of me explaining this first prototype:

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours