14%  [ 1 ]
Reinstall the OS
 71%  [ 5 ]
Quit my whining and just keep everything in constantly updated archived groups
 14%  [ 1 ]
Something else (tell me please)
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

I have a TI-84+ Basic edition and it crashes all the time (badly, glitching out and resetting the RAM), especially when I am editing programs and even more often if I enter the editor from an error such as in intentional ON break. This makes writing difficult (naturally). It also occasionally crashes from within Doors CS. I have saved everything on my computer and the stuff I work on often in archived groups, but re-installing stuff all the time is a pain. I have had crashes before due to buggy assembly, but they started happening often after using zStart, particularly it's custom font feature. I had also set programs to run in Alpha CS and then after deleting it forgot to turn the shell setting back to Doors. I have now deleted zStart, but the problems continue. It does almost the same thing every time: Freezes, puts a bunch of dots on the screen and then shuts off. Sometimes it will turn on and say RAM Cleared, and sometimes I have to take out the batteries and put them back in to get it to turn on again. I always have plenty of free RAM and archive space and have been trying to avoid apps and assembly programs, but it doesn't seem to help.
zStart may have modified the OS if you selected the "run on ram clear" option. Try reinstalling the OS.
I don't believe I set that option but I will try it. The crashes have been decreasing in frequency of late since I deleted a bunch of excess programs, so that may have something to do with it. I also have been doing more frequent backups on and off my calc to reduce the risk of loss.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours