In the last hour I threw together a basic encryptor... I didn't write the rc4 algorithm or the css, but I put everything else together... It's useful when you want to send encrypted messages to friends- just send them the link the encryptor generates and once they enter the passcode they can see the message!
It's not anything new, just something that I needed for PMing Smile
Here it is if you want to check it out:
https://encrypt.claritymn.com/
(Will be down from the 8th to the 31th of June most likely Razz)
That's very cool- easy to use and self-explanatory. I wish I could write something like that!
Kydapoot wrote:
That's very cool- easy to use and self-explanatory. I wish I could write something like that!

Thanks for the kind feedback Very Happy
It wasn't really that difficult to make, I used Bootswatch and some basic Javascript, plus a public domain arc4 function I found somewhere on the internet.
Not bad, not bad at all. You might want to change that passphrase field to a non-password field though, given that Firefox keeps asking to remember the passphrase even though there's no username field.
oldmud0 wrote:
Not bad, not bad at all. You might want to change that passphrase field to a non-password field though, given that Firefox keeps asking to remember the passphrase even though there's no username field.

I changed it only to make it more secure, since Chrome would watch and offer suggestions. Although I could just use the HTML tag to disable it, I assumed that password fields wouldn't be watched due to their secure nature, and therefore would be more private.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours