Would you play this game?
Yes
 90%  [ 9 ]
No
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

So hey everybody .. I'm working on a new RPG for the TI 84 +CE. I'll have screenshots up soon, and I'm currently working on the map. I should be done within 2 weeks, as there are plenty of bugs that need to be fixed. Suggestions for things to include are encouraged Very Happy Very Happy

Also , help on creating maps with matrices and textlib CE would be appreciated.
Before I answer the poll, do you have any more information you would like to offer us about this game?
sorry for not being on..was busy. I have finished a beta version and here is what the game looks like

Uses a random map generator ( made it myself Razz)
10 levels
so basically theres a cool backstory..You have to find pieces of armor, swords,ect
in each level. The pieces needed to be found are based upon your level/xp
epic boss fight at the end. that's all so far . im still working on an inventory mananger but i will post a screenshot now.

****SCREENSHOTS WILL BE UP AT 10 am

Update 1:

Ok so I made some more changes.. And the beta will be uploaded probably tomorrow.

This is what I have left to do

Color text ( textlib CE)
Optimize map builder ( it's kind of slow ) Razz
Make a better title screen
combine sub programs so it's only 2-3 ( I kept them separate because it was easier for editing and testing)
That is all!! It should be finished by Friday and the official release will be Monday ( wifi at my house is dead ) Sad
Thank you all for saying you would play this . I'm very excited to see how you all like it.
Do you think there will ever be a version of this for monochrome calculators? It sounds like an interesting game but many people would be unable to play it because of not having a color calc. If not, I totally understand– conversion can be a pain or it might just not interest you.
Kydapoot wrote:
Do you think there will ever be a version of this for monochrome calculators? It sounds like an interesting game but many people would be unable to play it because of not having a color calc. If not, I totally understand– conversion can be a pain or it might just not interest you.

In fact, if you (Henryd) ever do consider this as a possibility in the future, you may want to make a copy of your code now so that converting to monochrome will be easier, before you compress the subprograms and add in color.
It won't be super hard to port. I'll make a copy of it now and just fix the window max and stuff ( so it fits on the screen)
I'd also have to modify the map generator and fix a few commands ( i.e. The loading bar )
I'll definitely make sure it's available for both monochrome and color calcs.
Also have to modify the code for moving the character

***UPDATE***

Screenshot are now online

UPDATE 1:
Ok so as per request, I have begun porting land of the lost to monochrome calculators.
currently this is what i have done
-map generator/reader
-movement engine/ achievements

what i have left to do
add level counter and xp mamanger
add item scatter er ( places items randomly at start of level
- fix some bugs on the inventory maganger
- add some better graphics and title screen

Thats it!

As for the color version this is what i have left to do

-fix some annoying bug that causes the level reader to crahs on level 5
-add some color
- make the epic boss fight more epic Razz

So the entire project should be available quite soon. Thank you all for watching this post
any ideas/ critique is welcomed

Update 2
got rid of map generator / reader because it makes the game run way to slow
maps will be included, boosting playing time.
I am 90% done, but i am getting a new 84 plus CE , because the ram keeps clearing and it makes it impossible to get any work done. There is not an 84 plus CE emulator available yet, so I will put more work into the monochrome version, as i have 3 84+ and a silver edition, and wabbit emu is great for testing.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours