Have you ever played the timeless game Stacker on your Phone, or at an arcade? Well, now you can with the all new StackerCE! The program is complete, with customizable colors and two different skins, as well as an Endless gamemode! I suggest giving this game a try!

Download

Original
Hey everyone! I pretty much finished SwipeCE yesterday, so I decided to go ahead and start creating another game! At first I went for snake, but I haven't figured out how to get a snake moving around, so I decided to port Stacker!

Anyways, Screenshot below, and I hope to finish it by next week Wednesday or so, depending on the amount of studying I have to do for finals Wink

Its done! Download when it gets approved, but in the meantime, here's a screenshot! There is still things to do, like sprites and customizable colors and menus, but for now, it works Smile

Is that GIF the same speed or were you just trying to make the GIF smaller?
I was going to work on one Sad Hope nobody cares if I release another version.
But mine will be in assembly.

Edit: Is that the fastest speed possible for C?
tmwilliamlin168 wrote:

Surely not, absolutely perfect programming is pretty much impossible, you only really need to optimize until you get the program running at a speed you are comfortable with (at least when it comes to calculator programming). He probably could get it a little faster, but I think that's a descent speed to keep the game playable.
I actually needed to create a delay, and as it turns out. Wink
On calc it may seem a bit slow because CEmu is fater than the actual calculator. I have to account for that, now. The timer starts with waiting 90 ticks before moving, then every time you place a block that value decreases by 5. (did I use ticks correctly here?)

This isn't a game about speed,anyhow, you don't want to make it unplayable. Wink
tmwilliamlin168 wrote:

This is probably the slowest you could make it seem in C. Based on my latest test, here are some things per second:

1964 filled rectangles
791 lines
467 filled circles
34 tilemap redraws

C is the same thing as assembly people. Except it is orders of magnitude easier to write. Wink

Unicorn: Is there a reason you chose those colors? My eyes are kind of peeling Razz
There really isn't any reason, just some random number I typed in Razz

I'll make a custom color feature and sprites soon enough Wink
Update: I added sprites, a menu, and custom colors, here's a screenshot if you're interested.

There are still some menu, quitting, and losing bugs, but they should be relatively easy to smash. After I get those, I'm thinking about adding an endless mode...
The colors are looking cool Cool
Have you taken the idea from the Android/iOS gagme Stack. Anyway, looks great and I hope to see this being finished Good Idea
PT_ wrote:
The colors are looking cool Cool
Have you taken the idea from the Android/iOS gagme Stack. Anyway, looks great and I hope to see this being finished Good Idea

Thanks! I actually didn't, I saw ASMBandit's CSE port and decided to do my thing Wink

EDIT: Heres a link to the file: https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1466
Hey everyone!

I've been hard at work (sorta) and I've made 2 gamemodes and 3 skins. The first one is Regular Mode where if you make it to the top you win, and the second one in Endless Mode, where the game is endless, increasing in speed indefinitely. Anyways, I'm all done, and I've uploading a new version to the archives, and it will appear here: https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1466

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours