Hi everyone, I've got a small problem. In my latest prizm program, I disabled the status area using EnableStatusArea(3) and it worked just fine. Now I wanted to print some text were the status area normally is. The Wiki says this will work, but for me no text is displayed. What have I done wrong?

Code:
EnableStatusArea(3);
PrintXY(1, 0, "test", 0, 0);

Any help is appreciated.

Jamesbeans
I definitely noticed the same problems with this before and from memory I opted straight away for some different layout not requiring the large font print there but used mini font or status area methods instead, however i have tested the following work around just now and it seems to work:

Code:
            EnableStatusArea(3);
            PrintCXY(0,0,"test",0x40,-1,COLOR_BLACK,COLOR_WHITE,1,0);

by the way PrintXY system call in your example needs some two characters before what you want to display i.e. " test" as it will only start displaying starting from the third character - very odd but it is not needed in PrintCXY system call in my example.
Thanks for the quick help, using PrintCXY works.
Jamesbeans
Glad to be of help.

By the way getting out to main menu and returning back to your add-in without starting other apps before will overwrite the status area normally so you may need to consider it depending on what it is you are developing.

Let us know please if you managed to resolve your cos sin etc issues too
thanks for posting your solution on the sin problem - I have just replied with addition of some example code there in case it helps you or someone else with a similar issue - so letting you know here in case you missed my edited with the example reply

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours