The 83 monochrome series app Cabamap supports calculation with arbitrary precision integers (the only limit is the memory of your calculator). So I figured, why not make a series of keypresses that, when typed in the app, outputs the digits of the circle constant?

First, start Cabamap with an entirely clear stack.

To initialize the algorithm, do these keypresses:

Code:
3 0 ENTER 1 8 0 ENTER 1 ENTER 2 ENTER

(Replace the first keypress with a 6, if you want the conventional choice Razz )

Repeat this series of keypresses until you get tired of it (must be repeated exactly and all the way through each time):

Code:
ENTER ENTER x^2 + 2 7 * 6 +
DOWN ENTER 2 7 * 1 2 - XTON DOWN DOWN ENTER UP *
XTON DOWN XTON ENTER DOWN 5 * +
XTON ENTER DOWN 5 * / ENTER
UP ENTER DOWN * UP XTON UP XTON -
UP UP ENTER DOWN 5 * 2 - XTON ENTER DOWN * +
UP XTON UP XTON UP ENTER DOWN 1 0 * *
UP XTON DOWN XTON DOWN XTON DOWN *
UP 1 0 * UP ENTER ENTER x^2 2 * XTON - XTON DOWN *
UP 1 + UP XTON DOWN XTON UP

After you're done, do these keypresses:

Code:
CLEAR CLEAR CLEAR CLEAR

XTON is the graph-variable key, and x^2 is the key that says x² on it. All other keys should be self explanatory.

If everything is correct, this should give, from the bottom of the stack to the top, the digits of the circle constant. Hopefully I didn't screw up, I'd need this to be tested by a really patient person Razz
I got this with 3 as the first keypress...

Idk if I might have messed it up while typing it in or if it was not right to begin with, but that's definitely not the circle constant Razz
mr womp womp wrote:
I got this with 3 as the first keypress...

Idk if I might have messed it up while typing it in or if it was not right to begin with, but that's definitely not the circle constant Razz

You didn't mess up, that's correct. Do the middle process again...and again...and again...and then press CLEAR 4 times after you get tired of it. The digits should get pushed on the stack. Just try some more Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours