Would someone like to tell me how to enter time (eg. 7:38:16 + 14:42) into my TI-84 Plus CSE? I'm not talking about setting the time in Mode. I've spent hours on YouTube and scanning Mr. Mitchell's book, but I must be looking for it the wrong way. It's probably right in front of my face, but I don't see it.
The calculator doesn't have a way to do this in a native, easy-to-use way, but it does have time commands that you can manipulate (and could even make a little program around). You could, for example, do what you list above with the timeCnv( command, which converts a number of seconds to (days, hours, minutes, seconds):

Code:
timeCnv((((7*60)+38)*60+16) + (14*60)+42)

which yields a list of (days, hours, minutes, seconds) of {0, 7, 52, 58}

A simple program to do this automatically could look like:

Code:
PROGRAM:ADDTIME
0->T
Lbl A
Input "HOURS: ",H
Input "MINUTES: ",M
Input "SECONDS: ",S
T+((H*60)+M)*60+S->T
Menu("ADD ANOTHER?","YES",A,"NO",B
Lbl B
timeCnv(T
before you all get on my case, deliberately made this clear instead of golfed for the OP
A simple but reliable piece of code. Thank you! This answered my question too.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours