I"m trying to get ArTICL up and working with an Arduino Uno and a TI-84Plus. I took a look at SIMPLEIO.8xp, and it seems that I need to install Doors on the TI as well? Is that the case?

Dave
Not that I am aware. Doors does provide communication via the IO port, but ArTICL uses TI's own file format to transfer and read, so it is not necessary. I believe looking into the GetCBL and other examples should provide some background Smile
Mateo is correct, DoorsCS is not required for ArTICL, as it uses the TI link protocol, not DoorsCS's CalcNet2.2
Thanks. I'm still working on it, but I'm making progress.
ArTICL does not require Doors C[S][E], as these kind people have said. The SimpleIO demo uses the Doors CSE graphics routines to draw the LEDs, switch, motor, etc on the calculator's LCD, so it does require Doors CSE. However, you can easily strip the graphics routines out and just use the getKey loop, the Send()s, and the Receive()s without any of the graphics.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours