Let's be clear right at the beginning of this post SPAMMING WILL NOT GET YOU A RANK AND YOU MIGHT BE BANNED FOR IT
but let's talk about ranks what's different of the various ranks and what's the best way to get a higher rank here is a list of ranks so far its down below posted by PT_ because I was unable to use bbcode

Thank you so much PT_
I guess that wraps up that part of the topic
now we can talk about how to get them, Even though it seems quite obvious at the moment. Anyways you gain ranks by how active you are on cemetech (just like other forums online) except spam doesn't count so if you're double posting (I would give the definition I got from ALEX but I deleted it from my inbox. I thought I didn't need it) but I will get a hold of that copy somehow but anyway if you're double posting just to get another post in to ultimately up your rank the admins like Alex will just delete your post because you double posted and that's against the rules and yes I know some forums out there don't care about it but the cemetech community considers that spam. Other ways you aren't going to get a post in is if it is rejected basically if its against the rules and you can read the rules for yourself here -> https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10262<- (but you should have done that already when you signed up like usual) but it also incluses Netiquette and that stuff is pretty much the same off all fourms you know be respectfull and search before you post>

please help me with this topic by helping with information thanks
This is HTML BBCode which is disabled for normal users, only admins (not gmods) can use it. You might replace it by a nice code tag:

Code:
Rank number | Rank name/text | Minimal amount of posts
0             Newbie           0
PT_ wrote:
This is HTML BBCode which is disabled for normal users, only admins (not gmods) can use it. You might replace it by a nice code tag:

Code:
Rank number | Rank name/text | Minimal amount of posts
0             Newbie           0

OK I will do that once I have the whole list (I believe their are a total of 10 ranks)
There we go:

PT_ wrote:
There we go:

What about Global Moderator?
*hides*
SeeGreatness, we really appreciate your efforts and the time you spend to improve this site. However, as nerdy as we are, we like it when people post grammatically and syntactically correct posts, that is with correct spelling, grammar and punctuation. A few typos (or mistakes due to not knowing English well) are not a big deal, but we would ask to to add proper punctuation and spelling in your future posts. It makes them easier and more fun to read.

Thanks, and keep up the great work! Smile
Pieman7373 wrote:
What about Global Moderator?
*hides*

That is a custom title, members can just choose a custom one when they have more than 1000 posts.
Nik wrote:
SeeGreatness, we really appreciate your efforts and the time you spend to improve this site. However, as nerdy as we are, we like it when people post grammatically and syntactically correct posts, that is with correct spelling, grammar and punctuation. A few typos (or mistakes due to not knowing English well) are not a big deal, but we would ask to to add proper punctuation and spelling in your future posts. It makes them easier and more fun to read.

Thanks, and keep up the great work! Smile

Thanks Nik I really appreciate the feedback I am working on it right now.
Also PT_ This guy has a pretty cool rank then https://www.cemetech.net/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=19
I found it when I was looking for the link to the cemetech rules
SeeGreatness wrote:
double posting (I would give the definition I got from ALEX but I deleted it from my inbox. I thought I didn't need it) but I will get a hold of that copy somehow

You can certainly post more than once in a topic per day. If you post, and some one posts after you five minutes later you may post again to respond to them or whatever.

Double posting is a difficult subject.

Double Posting is simply posting after yourself in the same topic within a given time frame. We say there's a 24 hour limit for double posting but frankly, it's not enforced. If you post 18 hours later it's not going to be a big deal. Maybe the forum was super busy and your topic got pushed down. For example, I signed on this evening and there were about 12 unread topics since I was here yesterday.

Here's where it get's a bit difficult to follow. If you post with a question and you find a solution 30 minutes or a couple hours later, feel free to edit it into your initial post. If you find it the maybe 14 hours later, posting it as a second post is reasonable. Now, if you post something along the lines of "Bump!" or "Any solutions?" after 14 hours, we may view that as a double post mostly because it doesn't contribute anything to the topic. If you were to post that days later, a post like that would be acceptable. That is why double posting is a bit difficult to understand and it varies community to community.
SeeGreatness wrote:
thanks nik I really appreciate the feedback I am working on it right now

As illustrated by 1) Not capitalizing the sentence, 2) Not capitalizing Nik's name, and 3) Not adding a period to the end of a statement. Wink

Also illustrated by the fact you double posted even when you had complete knowledge that what you were doing is frowned upon.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
SeeGreatness wrote:

As illustrated by 1) Not capitalizing the sentence, 2) Not capitalizing Nik's name, and 3) Not adding a period to the end of a statement. Wink

Indeed! While grammar and spelling isn't terribly important, it's certainly something everyone should strive to get correct. For instance, typing "u" or "ur" instead of "you" or "your." Now, if someone messes up "your" or "you're" or, "there," their," or "they're" it's not the end of the world. Everyone makes mistakes and I find those mistakes much more forgivable than typing "ur." As long as someone made an attempt, I'm usually cool with it. Punctuation is similar. For instance, we can improve upon that sentence a bunch:

Code:

Thanks Nik! I really appreciate the feedback; I am working on it right now.

What grinds my gears is when members brush off the feedback we give them. "Oh thanks but I like to type like this online because I need to type correctly for school." That's not how this works. Practice makes perfect and typing correctly online will help you out when you need to do it for class and in real life. And yes, I'm pretty positive there's been a response like that on here before. One of my Facebook friends is a horrible typer. Misspells words, incorrect grammar, etc. When confronted he claimed that he used his Android phones speech-to-text. I called bull since it wouldn't misspell words but it would leave out punctuation. He still tried to push it as true. Bad Idea
MateoConLechuga wrote:
SeeGreatness wrote:

Also illustrated by the fact you double posted even when you had complete knowledge that what you were doing is frowned upon.

Indeed I was a bad example Sad
You know everyone makes mistake so there's no need to be all salty.
And by the way, Alex your sentence, "I called bull since it wouldn't misspell words but it would leave out punctuation."

Bull?
PT_'s rank list should be pinned to the first post.

Ranks not listed there are custom ranks that individual users have set themselves (which requires 1000 quality or somewhat quality posts)
How do you tell if they have 1000 quality posts? It can't be that an admin has to look at a 1000 of your posts. Smile

EDIT: So I was wondering how long it'll take me to get to 1000 posts. I'm almost at 100 and it's taken me 7 months. So... *does math stuff* aaaaannnddd... 5.8 years. Surprised I guess I'll have to stay dedicated to this website for quite a lot longer. Very Happy

EDIT 9/7/17: I'm almost at a full year of being a member and I have an even number of posts to work with, so new math! I'm currently at 350 posts and to get 1000 would now......... only be 2.8 years! Almost half of last time! Smiling Cat
#Tankidaboss wrote:
You know everyone makes mistake so there's no need to be all salty.
And by the way, Alex your sentence, "I called bull since it wouldn't misspell words but it would leave out punctuation."

Bull?

'Bull' is a censored bad-ish word.
Here is an old topic talking about forum ranks, which I find relevant. Although it seems like the nikky rank is no longer a thing, which is unfortunate Rolling Eyes
Ok and I thought this site didn't allow words like that.
#Tankidaboss wrote:
Ok and I thought this site didn't allow words like that.

As stated by an admin, bad words are generally not allowed, and are in fact censored in posts. However, the rare use of them in IRC is fine, and I doubt anyone will bat an eye if you are using it like tank did.
Basically, use common sense, if you feel like something you are about to say is inappropriate, it probably is.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
How do you tell if they have 1000 quality posts? It can't be that an admin has to look at a 1000 of your posts. Smile

EDIT: So I was wondering how long it'll take me to get to 1000 posts. I'm almost at 100 and it's taken me 7 months. So... *does math stuff* aaaaannnddd... 5.8 years. Surprised I guess I'll have to stay dedicated to this website for quite a lot longer. Very Happy

It doesn't mean every single post has to be high-quality, but if it's clear that the user is just posting for the sake of racking up his post count, then it will be easily noticeable by staff.
Regarding my use of bull: That's not a bad word. Though the implication is certainly there. When bad words are censored they are replaced by the letter "a."

Regarding 1000 posts: We won't look through every post. Our reasoning is that if a member has 1000 posts they've generally outgrown the low quality posts. We do also assign custom titles to members who really stick out. Such as Mateo and his "Cemetech Expert" title. While he has more than 1000 posts, I think there are a few sub-1000 members with that title as well.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours