TI-Freakware is hosting its first ever programming contest! Prizes include a mint condition TI-89 Titanium (1st place), a gently used TI-83+ Blue (2nd place), a brand new TI-Keyboard (3rd place), and some TIFW T-Shirts (honorable mention).

The genre of the contest is somewhat open, giving programmers a choice of RPG, side-scroller/platformer, arcade, and puzzle. We will be accepting ASM, BASIC, and C games, and for any calculator model.

Signups start on June 16th, 2006, and will end on July 30th, 2006. Once you are signed up to the contest, you may begin coding. If you want or need to amend your contest entry, you MUST pm us on the forums. The contest itself will end November 30th, 2006.

This contest is meant to be fun for everyone. We will try to keep contest restrictions to a minimum. However, we will request each contestant refrain from releasing any detailed information, source code, or screenshots of the game to the public. You must keep it secret until after the end of the contest.

For more details involving the contest, and/or to sign up, visit the TI-Freakware Contest Page.

If you have any other questions regarding the contest, please send them to contest@tifreakware.calcgame.org
I got a question: Who's paying for the stuff?
Does it matter? Very Happy

Anyways, the only thing not currently in our possesion is the t-shirts. The rest we already have. Smile
I assume you'll be using CafePress for the shirts then?
Ranman says one of his relatives does the shirt thing, and might give a discount. Smile
Oh cool! I might like to talk to him at some point then; I need a Cemetech shirt or two to wear...
I would love that 89 Titanium. The bad thing is I've already announced all of my good projects and don't have any other ideas at the moment. Sad
lol, you have a month of signups, so you have time to make some decisions. Smile
Who wouldn't love that titanium? But I'm on the staff, and I've got far too many projects going anyway.
as would I, but again, I am staff, so I can't particiapte also. Oh well, can't wait to see these projects.
Indeed, I hope that a lot of people participate, and that they make some awesome projects.
right now, 5 people are entered into the contest
I signed up.
something1990 wrote:
I would love that 89 Titanium. The bad thing is I've already announced all of my good projects and don't have any other ideas at the moment. Sad

That's why I never announce my projects. Very Happy
Never announce your projects?? Ugh, I would have no motivation without people nagging me to finish projects. Very Happy
lol, even with people nagging, you still dont get a whole lot done. Wink

So far turn out for the first day isn't bad... 7 entries thus far...
Oh come on, I made a ton of progress on Doors CS today. I wrote an entire custom font renderer, and I've written out just under half of a character set for it. Smile
Then where be the screenshots to prove your claim? Wink
I could post screenies, but it would just look like regular text. Oh well, I'll do so anyway. Lemme just finish the rest of the 1kb character set.
Well, things are going well with the contest, as there are now 16 entries, and more will come in once people decide what they want for the contest.

Also, I get online today, and find out that ticalc also put up a post about the contest! ^_^ It is about time TIFW gets up there... Very Happy
yeah, good job.

btw, I just about have the new admin scripts done.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours