Lol, Kerm is gonna murder us all Razz
Harq: I'm considering entering, but as with Dan's contest, I'll have to see if I have the time to enter the contest.
Very Happy Yay, we might have a chance anyways! Oh, and TIFreak, can i enter my conflict game in your contest too?
Ooh, good question, somehow I think that program reuse for multiple contests might be unethical, but I dunno. Smile
no you may not because of the secrecy rule. You would have to release it inorder for it to be submitted, and that violates a ti-freakware contest rule. Sorry.
That's what I figured. It seemed likely that at least one contest's rules would prevent it, if not both.
I still need to hash out the finer points with Jincs. (is it me, or am I jugding too many contests. I have Sudoku, Calchaven, and Ti-Freakware)
rivereye wrote:
I still need to hash out the finer points with Jincs. (is it me, or am I jugding too many contests. I have Sudoku, Calchaven, and Ti-Freakware)
It's not just you. Forget the stress of all that judging, you also limit yourself from entering them. Smile
I don't have the time or the creativity for a contest (I am all out of ideas for unannouced projects). That, and creating sign-up scripts is helping me learn php.
Hey everybody, how goes all?

It's taken me two days to find this thread (sorry for my lateness). I have been thinking it over a bit, and I have come to a few conclusions:

1. Due to the massive volume of contests already running, I am going to post-pone this contest until a later date (TBA). I don't want to kill people's brains who are trying to write games for like six other contests on top of this one.

2. I am not related in any way to anybody here, the creators od Conflict Online, or anyone else I can think of.

3. I don't think I'll be able to get the whole AutoDesk Suite, but I might be able to wrangle up AutoCAD or 3DSMax 5 or 6 (maybe 7, but I doubt it Sad ). Sorry guys. My anonymous sponsors are a bit picky.

4. When this contest DOES start, contestants will get to decide exactly how they want to implement their AI: it can be single/multiplayer, you can play it through a link cable with a pal, via teh internet, whatever. As long as you follow the basic principals of the game, you are free to manipulate it in any way you wish.

5. The contest will be open to the following platforms, and can be written in any language you wish (BASIC, asm, C/C++, Java, whatever tickles your fancy):

-All families of calcs (TI or otherwise)
-PC/Linux/Mac
-Handheld devices (phones, PDAs)
-Portable Consoles (PSP, any Gameboy, etc)

Each family will be split up into it's own judging area, and a first (not as good) prize will be awarded to the first place contestants in each of the categories. Then, out of the first place winners, the judges will pick the best of the entries (based off of a strict set of guidelines, which I haven't written yet) for the grand prize.

Did I miss anything? Are you still awake? Neutral

Darn, I didn't do my job
Kerm, u need to fix the URL in the first post, you accidentally included the , in the URL. Oh, and Jinc, what will the first place prizes be like?

I wish i had a calculator with a built in clock... Then i could use actual time...

P.S. The game is actually pretty fun! I am 2 ahead of u in the most powerful player area Rivereye! Evil or Very Mad (thankgod their was a reset yesterday, otherwise I would have never caught up)
Jincs: Cool, glad you found us! Sounds like a lot of fun; if you postpone it, maybe I will be able to enter after all... Evil or Very Mad

Harq: Shock you mean an 84+ or 84+SE??
I haven't decided yet on what first prizes will be. Probably some smaller software prizes, but I don't really know yet. We'll see.
That sounds cool. When do you think the contest is going to start now?
I'm going to wait until one or two of the many other contests have finished before I re-announce this one. Probably two or three weeks, but I'm going to gather up a list of all the other contest dates before I make a final decision.

^^That's all fine and dandy, but I think I could have just said "I don't know". Oh well. Heavy words sit well in your stomach with mashed potatoes.
Personal preference, start it 1/1/07, but that's just me because of DCS. Very Happy
I don't know if I'll wait that long. I don't even know if I'll be a part of the calc community then. I'm losing interest quite rapidly (not that there's much to lose, as I am not a calc programmer).

I'm thinking that I'll start it within the next month or two. Date TBA.
Shock How did you get involved with the community if you're not a programmer? As a user of games and programs?
Not really. A good friend of mine was the guy who created Calc Haven (Not Jc, Andy. But Jc's my friend too, I think).

But I do program (some), just not calcs. C/C++ (and HTML/CSS, but those don't count since everybody knows them) for PC.
Ah, ok. You know Andy from RL then? Very cool.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours