I was dabbling around OS binaries of the latest TI-OS preview build, and I found some new features, including a hidden credits screen. Tracing the calls back to the source, I have synthesized a method for modifying the memory so that you can Access it too. First thing's first, you need to setup the testing program.

Code:

"A7B3C5FFc347ADC9
Disp "Checking..."
rand(200)

(The newlines and code are necessary for this trick)
Now, run that program:

Sorry for the poor quality, I was excited.

ANYWAY. So you can see that it didn't work. So we need to edit 1 value, Str1. That's the first string, and the build is in preview, so it'll be the current method.

Code:
"UUdDLrlRBA"→Str1

Now, we need to edit Y= values so we can trick the memory so that it lets us in.

Use these exact values:

Yes they are not in accepted syntax, but such is the nature of mem hacking.

Now you can rerun the program.

It worked!!!

Well, someone at TI has a sense of humor.

At least he won't give you up.

Aww, they noticed us Very Happy Very Happy

THAT PeoplesChamp WAS PeoplesChamp A PeoplesChamp QUALITY PeoplesChamp BURN

Keep hacking, guys.

It's so nice how TI is using the extra memory of the 84+CE to give us more modern-day features that don't relate to STEM (in a heavy nod to all the Super Mario World credits warp tricks). I find it amusing, and it will most likely pave the road for both gaming consoles and calculators with even more memory.

Also check the date lol
I couldn'tz getz thizzz to werkzz on me calculatorz??!? Halpz?!?

edit: nevermind. I found a youtube video that helped me with the issue: Video
Happy April Fools Razz
Does the ti84+se monochrome calc have such a feature? If so, then tell me how to activate it.
CalcMax wrote:
Does the ti84+se monochrome calc have such a feature? If so, then tell me how to activate it.

No. This topic is an April Fools joke.
CalcMax wrote:

Neutral Rolling Eyes Razz Exclamation Smiling Cat Smiling Cat
It's funny because we r all so gullible. I started searching the Ti website for experimental os', and then finally 'checked the date'
CalcMax wrote:

Unfortunately, no, as the latest preview OS is for the CE only; it looks like TI stopped supporting the monochromes.

I'm running this joke as far as it can go
Hey, i could make a credit screen simulator for monochrome calcs! Would be grate for another april fools day!
CalcMax wrote:
Hey, i could make a credit screen simulator for monochrome calcs! Would be grate for another april fools day!

That would indeed be grate. Boy do I love Grate things. Actually, that might not be so grate.
This grate project was pretty grate, but it would not be so grate if it were repeated. The grateness of the prank would not be grately appreciated by the community or anyone else. Although this was grate, grate pranks are never grate when they are copied.
But, it is a grate idea!
Yeah, may be in the futur! Just was making sure that the idea wouldn't get tossed away like Kerm tossing away the idea of DOS (Doors OS)...
Cool

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours