MateoConLechuga wrote:
xlibman wrote:
I wanted to update the game since it only works with C libs released before October 2017.

Can you expand on this a bit more? The C libraries are backwards compatible across all versions, so this seems like a case where the API might not be being used correctly by the ICE compiler?

On the possum's game's title screen, text and rectangles are displayed with the wrong colors for the most part and when the game starts the opossum's mood is always "Satanic Mad" instead of picking randomly between 6 different moods (with Satanic Mad being the 5th).

The weird part is that text/shape discoloring only seem to happen on the title screen and not anywhere else.

Code:
Lbl TI
[i]Displays title screen content
FillScreen(B+111
SetColor(248-B
FillRectangle(0,14,160,88
FillRectangle(160,14,160,88
SetColor(255
FillRectangle(0,18,160,80
FillRectangle(160,18,160,80
ScaledSprite_NoClip(1,66,20,2,2
TransparentSprite_NoClip(4,120,108
SetTextFGColor(9+B
PrintStringXY("Press anykey!",58,160
SetTextFGColor(B
PrintStringXY("(c)2016 It RPG Is!",16,208
PrintStringXY("http://codewalr.us",16,224

Code:
   [i]Possum mood rand, score, meter, mood spd list, mood spd cache(2), anim frame
   rand/2800000->R
   0->P
   77->E
   385->F
   {8,3,4,2,7,5,4,7,5,6,20,5->L1
   L1(R->L
   L1(R+6->M
   0->U
   [i]Var increment timers
   0->T
   0->S
   0->V
   SetTextFGColor(255
   PrintStringXY("Possum's ",0,0
   If R=0
      PrintString("hyper"
   End
   If R=1
      PrintString("grumpy"
   End
   If R=2
      PrintString("feelin good"
   End
   If R=3
      PrintString("sleepy"
   End
   If R=4
      PrintString("satanic mad"
   End
   If R=5
      PrintString("scared"
   End
I just downloaded and learned ICE, and some of the main things I want to write require floating-point numbers. Has anyone made a library or sub program that allows ICE to handle them, or will I have to make one? The things I am trying to make are the Cookie Clicker game and a Mandelbrot set renderer.
P.S. I have been programming in BASIC for three years, and just looked up assembly and C and all that stuff, so I don’t really know anything about it.
S/jr/W wrote:
I just downloaded and learned ICE, and some of the main things I want to write require floating-point numbers. Has anyone made a library or sub program that allows ICE to handle them, or will I have to make one? The things I am trying to make are the Cookie Clicker game and a Mandelbrot set renderer.
P.S. I have been programming in BASIC for three years, and just looked up assembly and C and all that stuff, so I don’t really know anything about it.

Hey S/jr/W, ICE does not support floats you'll have to write your own library for that. Also, Cookie Clicker has already been made on the CE here: https://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=1799.0.

Lastly, A Mandelbroth set renderer has been made on the CE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8XNCO9MB78.

I encourage you to remake some in ICE and see how it pans out.

Good luck on you ICE programming journey. Smile
I am attempting to open, read, and edit/save to a program. I am able to open the file and get the correct length, but when I try and read/convert the tokens into a string, it prints a random symbol/letter/other thing. Here is the code I am running:

Code:

sum(2, "TESTFILE", "r+", 5) → FILE                 //open the program (auto un-archive)
sum(15, FILE                 //rewind (set to beginning of file)
sum(17, sum(18, FILE), °LENT, °LENS)→LETTER                 //convert token to string
det(18, "OUTPUT: ", 1, 1                 //set and lable output
det(17, LETTER                 //print the actual letter

The file 'TESTFILE' is already made and has a bunch of letters in it.
Therad2 wrote:
I am attempting to open, read, and edit/save to a program. I am able to open the file and get the correct length, but when I try and read/convert the tokens into a string, it prints a random symbol/letter/other thing. Here is the code I am running:

Code:

sum(2, "TESTFILE", "r+", 5) → FILE                 //open the program (auto un-archive)
sum(15, FILE                 //rewind (set to beginning of file)
sum(17, sum(18, FILE), °LENT, °LENS)→LETTER                 //convert token to string
det(18, "OUTPUT: ", 1, 1                 //set and lable output
det(17, LETTER                 //print the actual letter

The file 'TESTFILE' is already made and has a bunch of letters in it.

https://github.com/CE-Programming/toolchain/blob/master/examples/fileioc/tokens/src/main.c
I changed the code to fit the example you gave me:

Code:

Sum(2,"TESTFILE","r",5)→FILE         //open
If not(FILE)         //check if a file was opened
Goto END
End
sum(18, FILE)→DATAPTR      //get the address
sum(16,FILE)→SIZE      //get the size
0→I      //the loop variable
sum(3,FILE      //close
sum(13,FILE      //archive
While SIZE      //loop untill size is 0
det(19,1,I*10      //set text location
det(17,sum(17,DATAPTR,°LENT,°LENS))      //print converted tokens
SIZE - LENT→SIZE
End

But it freezes (needs a RAM reset)
You need to pass the address of DATAPTR, not the value.

Code:
Sum(2,"TESTFILE","r",5)→FILE         //open

If not(FILE)         //check if a file was opened
Goto END
End

sum(18, FILE)→DATAPTR      //get the address
sum(16,FILE)→SIZE      //get the size

det(19,1,1      //set text location
det(17,sum(17,°DATAPTR,°LENT,°LENS))      //convert and print tokens

sum(3,FILE      //close

When I do this, it works and prints the first letter of 'TESTFILE', but when I duplicate the two last lines (and change text position), it freezes and needs a ram reset.

(Fixed after edit, still same problem)
MateoConLechuga wrote:

How many times do I have to say it. Pass the ADDRESS to the function, not the value. °DATAPTR or whatever.
Yes, sorry, I actually did change that, but just forgot to put it in the example code. It still freezes but like I said last time, it shows the first character correctly.
When storing a variable into a list in any form, it resets the calculator.

Ex:

Code:
CopyData(L1, 1, variable)
variable → *{L1 + 0}

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, dumb, or this is a bug (doubt it)
Thanks in advance (:
MateoConLechuga wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:

How many times do I have to say it. Pass the ADDRESS to the function, not the value. °DATAPTR or whatever.

This is a bit late, but I am trying to pick this project up again:

Putting ° in front of a value returns the address of it in ICE, so that part should be right. The problem I had before still stands: it freezes only after it is read again. Why would it freeze after using the same command twice if it works the first time?

Code:

Code:

det(0         //start graphics
sum(0       //close all variable (docs say to do this)

sum(2,"TESTFILE","r",5)→PRGM         //open file

If PRGM = 0       //check if a file was opened (stop if none)
det(19,1,1
det(17,”no file”
Pause
det(1
Return
End

sum(18, PRGM)→DATAPTR      //get the address
sum(16, PRGM)→SIZE      //get the size

det(19,1,1      //set text location
det(17,sum(17,°DATAPTR,°LENT,°LENS))      //convert and print tokens

det(19,1,11
det(17,sum(17,°DATAPTR,°LENT,°LENS))      //same thing but diff position to print

Pause

sum(0      //close read
det(1       //stop graphics
Does anyone know how to get programs to compile and run, due to them crashing each time I try?Is it just the new clibs? I'm using v11.2. (I know ICE is deprecated, but come on, it's cool)
I can't help with the official ICE compiler, but have you tried compiling your programs with SourceCoder?
wait, how exactly is sc different?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 33 of 33
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours