I tried making a quick program to test how it works, but when I first run the ICE program, it doesnt show my test program at all, how would I fix that?
Did you add the imaginary i then the desired output program name on the first line?

Code:
iPRGM
<code>
I did not, thank you!
Edit:Of course in my testing program, one of the bits hasn't been added yet
P_T, can you use some other, non-letter token tor the SetBrightness( function in ICE? I just updated and now, I have to change "SetBrightness(" to "r" ALL of my sSetBrightness(c pSetBrightness(ogSetBrightness(ams... Sad
Important note:
You might wonder why in some of your programs the lowercase 'r' gets replaced with a custom token (in the current version SetBrightness( ). I know the issue, and I know what caused it. It's TI-Connect CE that doesn't export the lowercase 'r' correctly. It uses the stats var 'r', not the real lowercase 'r'. And guess what? That token is actually used by ICE. So if you're having that problem, be sure to write your program in SourceCoder, and not TI-Connect CE!
PT_ wrote:
Important note:
You might wonder why in some of your programs the lowercase 'r' gets replaced with a custom token (in the current version SetBrightness( ). I know the issue, and I know what caused it. It's TI-Connect CE that doesn't export the lowercase 'r' correctly. It uses the stats var 'r', not the real lowercase 'r'. And guess what? That token is actually used by ICE. So if you're having that problem, be sure to write your program in SourceCoder, and not TI-Connect CE!

What about editing on calc? That works, right?

Also, how stable is the new version right now?

I found a Cesium/ICE bug. When I go to the trace menu in the Cesium editor, and then add a token on any line, when I went up, the cursor goes over the line before, which is, after going to the trace menu, the "PROGRAM: <NAME>" line. That gets overwritten, because Cesium deletes that line.
I still don't understand how to store numbers into lists like L1. I followed the example in you're documentation: Copydata(L1,3,1,2,3,4,5. After I compiled my program, L1 was still undefined. If I indeed did nothing to L1, than what did I just do?
TI84pceBasicPro wrote:
I still don't understand how to store numbers into lists like L1. I followed the example in you're documentation: Copydata(L1,3,1,2,3,4,5. After I compiled my program, L1 was still undefined. If I indeed did nothing to L1, than what did I just do?

Lists that ICE uses are separate from the lists used in TI-BASIC. You have to interface with your ICE list within that specific program.
SM84CE wrote:
If I do this code:

Code:

[i]RAND
Disp randInt(1,20
Pause

It (for me) always returns 17
I figured out that each time the compiled prgm is run, the rand seed is automatically reset, so it's like adding a 0->rand at the beginning of the SRC. Can the randInt thing be made like TI-OS, where the rand seed isn't automatically reset? To expand on this, can the #->rand function be added?
**Using newest ICE version

I have the same problem, and a program I am developing depends on having random number.
The newest version of ICE fixes this problem.
Is it on gihub or cemetech?
Both have the latest version. (That is a question for SAX)
funny.. because i just looked at GitHub through a link on the documentation on ice. it isn'r the same as on cemetech. its the v2.1.2 right?
Both versions work. GitHub and Cemetech. Smile
Would this be the topic to post ICE-related questions in, or should I create a new topic?
Legoman314 wrote:
Would this be the topic to post ICE-related questions in, or should I create a new topic?
Of course! Wink

EDIT: I just realized that completely did not answer your question. Rolling Eyes
You should post your questions here. Smile
If you're making your own project, you should make your own thread, but other than that, use this thread.
I want to start learning ice (I have an OK knowledge of BASIC). Is it better to deconstruct a premade program, or learn from the ground up? Thanks.
It depends on you. I learned both Basic and ICE trying to hack games, and edit programs, and then creating my own. I'd read the documentation first, and make a simple program that displays text on the ICE full color screen. Good luck! And don't slip!

***jcgter777 runs
Smile
In case you wasn't aware yet, I've started with developing ICE v3.0. This major update will include floats, matrices and much more! It also includes a more powerful prescanner (i.e. more optimized code) and more auto-optimization. I also hope to make it more stable, and maybe more options to auto-archive programs when compiling etc. Follow the Github repo for all the things I added. Stay tuned! Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 24 of 33
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours