Bug Report:
When text foreground color is set to 255, the text becomes transparent.
The REAL LAX18 wrote:
Bug Report:

If I recall correctly, this is not a bug and has already been reported several times.
There's an ICE glitch thingy: plug in calc to a computer with TI-Connect CE, when running an ICE prgm, later the screen glitches (exits to 8bpp) and causes a ~9 KB mem leak, I never turned the calc off and on.

Could ICE disable the ports (probably too far...)??

For all who don't believe me, I'll get a video up soon...
SM84CE wrote:
There's an ICE glitch thingy: plug in calc to a computer with TI-Connect CE, when running an ICE prgm, later the screen glitches (exits to 8bpp) and causes a ~9 KB mem leak, I never turned the calc off and on.

That never happens to me. I just did it like 10 seconds ago.

SM84CE is hallucinating. Just Joking

***jcgter777 runs
jcgter777 wrote:
-Jumping to programs
Alright, will do.
jcgter777 wrote:
-Program info on the side, like a list in the Windows file thing
Not necessary.
jcgter777 wrote:
-Compiled program name next to the source
Yes, ICE will display the output program name too.
jcgter777 wrote:
-A setting menu where you can change background colors and other things?
Maybe. I still want to redesign ICE, and not sure what will be added and what not.
jcgter777 wrote:
-Remove the weird characters in hidden programs' names
Ehm, what?
jcgter777 wrote:
-(if john35588's graph hook is implemented, a settings menu for turning off hooks)
Okay, that is doable too.
The REAL LAX18 wrote:
Bug Report:
Nope, that is the same as the transparent color, which causes ICE to not display the text at all. Change the transparent color to 'fix' it.
SM84CE wrote:

For all who don't believe me, I'll get a video up soon...

Never do this. Never plug in a calc when an assembly program is running, only when you're at the homescreen of the TI-OS. ICE does nothing related to ports, but that doesn't say anything, and I'm not sure I can fix the ~9 KB memory leak.
PT_ wrote:

jcgter777 wrote:
-Remove the weird characters in hidden programs' names
Ehm, what?

When programs are hidden in Cesium, there are weird characters at the start of the program name in ICE.
Problem with custom tokens not appearing as they should and the compiler is not compiling older programs (ICE 1.5.3) correctly (there are now errors where there haven't been and the resulting programs are not the same).
anderdav012 wrote:
Problem with custom tokens not appearing as they should and the compiler is not compiling older programs (ICE 1.5.3) correctly (there are now errors where there haven't been and the resulting programs are not the same).

This is because ICE has been rewritten for more functionality and support. Versions less than 2.0 are not compatible with lower versions.
Coming soon: a new release, with many bugfixes, new features and improved behind-the-scenes things:

Smile
For some reason, every time I use DefineSprite( on calc, it changes to minY on calc, and it gives an error. Also, now it doesn't jump to the error line. It scrolls, like in the normal TIOS editor. It took a few hours since I had a really huge sprite, so I thought it was weird. I definitely have the latest version, but it might have either corrupted, or been messed up by something like Cesium. (I don't know)
jcgter777 wrote:
For some reason, every time I use DefineSprite( on calc, it changes to minY on calc, and it gives an error. Also, now it doesn't jump to the error line. It scrolls, like in the normal TIOS editor. It took a few hours since I had a really huge sprite, so I thought it was weird. I definitely have the latest version, but it might have either corrupted, or been messed up by something like Cesium. (I don't know)

Nope, that is a mistake from me; ICE sets the incorrect size of the hooks, which means some hooks gets deactivated. It will be fixed in the new version which should be public soon (hopefully). Smile
PT_ wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:

Nope, that is a mistake from me; ICE sets the incorrect size of the hooks, which means some hooks gets deactivated. It will be fixed in the new version which should be public soon (hopefully). Smile

Then why did it work before? It always worked, and then it just suddenly broke.
Running a program after compiling works too Very Happy

Cool!

When will there be a release?
***jcgter777 hides

EDIT:
I have a question. How would I use rand to make text randomly change color? I tried and it made everything flash like crazy.
I did something like:

Code:
DefineSprite(whatever
Display sprite stuff...
Repeat until K does not equal 0
rand(1,254)->A
Set Text color to Variable A
Text

I'm probably doing something way off, but that's why I'm asking for help.
Rand returns a value from 0 to 16777215. To get a random value between 1 and 255, use 1+remainder(rand,254. See https://www.cemetech.net/learn/ICE:Tips_and_Tricks.

EDIT: According to the ICE suggestions thread, the latest version of ICE includes a RandInt command. So download the newest version and use that.
Got that, but how do you keep repeating that without messing up everything?

EDIT: New problem. I have version 2.0.4, and apparently ICE Compiler gives an error at Pause . I updated to use randInt(, but now Pause doesn't work. Has it been removed?
jcgter777 wrote:
Got that, but how do you keep repeating that without messing up everything?

EDIT: New problem. I have version 2.0.4, and apparently ICE Compiler gives an error at Pause . I updated to use randInt(, but now Pause doesn't work. Has it been removed?

Try this:

Code:

Repeat K=9
getkey→K
End

or this:

Code:

Lbl LOOP
Repeat K
getkey→K
End
If K≠9
Goto LOOP
End
Timers are working too:

You can only use 1 timer, and it behaves exactly like the OS one, except that after 512 seconds it wraps around (due to ICE limitations). In this GIF, you see that calling 60000 times the rand routine, takes almost 1 second (the timer is 32KHz, so 29996/32768 second). Smile
Woo, a brand new version is out! v2.1.0 fixes many bugs, and adds some new, interesting features that can be used a lot. Take a look at the changelog.txt what is all changed. Have fun! Smile

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1481
If I do this code:

Code:

[i]RAND
Disp randInt(1,20
Pause

It (for me) always returns 17
I figured out that each time the compiled prgm is run, the rand seed is automatically reset, so it's like adding a 0->rand at the beginning of the SRC. Can the randInt thing be made like TI-OS, where the rand seed isn't automatically reset? To expand on this, can the #->rand function be added?
**Using newest ICE version

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 23 of 33
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours