<saxjax> [beckadamtheinventor] yay, cause calc ICE isn't working!
<saxjax> [beckadamtheinventor] MateoC: labels don't work when you have a LOT of them
<saxjax> [beckadamtheinventor] quick question... HOW DO I COMPILE ICE WITH SC?
<saxjax> [beckadamtheinventor] SM84CE: its an ICE error, saying that a lbl doesnt exist, when it actually does
<saxjax> [beckadamtheinventor] yeah... ICE is being wonky again
<saxjax> [beckadamtheinventor] lol I REALLY need a working ICE compiler for BOSshell to work now that I have ~30 labels

Posting this on SAX is definitely a good way to get things fixed... anyway, let me see if I can fix things magically.
jcgter777 wrote:
PT_ wrote:

jcgter777 wrote:
Also, PT_, when would it be possible to implement decimals into ICE? I can't make my CUBETIMER without it!Sad

Never. Either I need to switch entirely to decimal numbers, or keep integers, and I prefer the latter one. I simply can't combine both. Say you have this code:

Code:
2->A

Is A now an integer or a float? I guess everyone says an integer. But what about this?

Code:
2->A
If B=3
    2.5->A
End

What is A now? An integer or a float? Nobody knows.

How would I make a timer then?

By using milliseconds as ones instead of thousandths.
I'm more than happy to finally officially announce ICE v2.0.0! It has been a long road to this version, because pretty much everything changed. I want to thank EVERYONE who has contributed to this long project, writing the documentation, and finding many bugs. I hope you all enjoy this new version, and if there's anything you want to be changed, feel free to poke or PM me! Very Happy

ICE Compiler v2.0.0
Awesome job PT_! I look forward to using it (if I have time, that is) and seeing what others now make!
I made a B-day card for my dad...
PT_, can you make 2nd a selection key in ICE?
Whe i attempted to install ICE 2.0 from ICE1.5.6, The trace menu commands are still the ICE1.5.6 even when the ICE2.0 program was run.

EDIT: NVM PROBLEM FIXED WITH REINSTALL
PT_, can you make ICE convert graphscreen programs to fullscreen programs?

Can you also PM me an idea on how to make a timer without decimals?
jcgter777 wrote:
PT_, can you make 2nd a selection key in ICE?

Sure.

jcgter777 wrote:
PT_, can you make ICE convert graphscreen programs to fullscreen programs?

Nope.

jcgter777 wrote:
Can you also PM me an idea on how to make a timer without decimals?

Take a look http://wikiti.brandonw.net/index.php?title=84PCE:Ports:7000 , and try to figure out yourself. It's not that hard. Just set some bits and bytes, and just wait while the timer(s) goes on.
Let me bump this issue, since adding floats is one of the first things on my to-do-list, but I've no idea how. Plz help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

https://github.com/PeterTillema/ICE/issues/34
PT_ wrote:
Let me bump this issue, since adding floats is one of the first things on my to-do-list, but I've no idea how. Plz help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

https://github.com/PeterTillema/ICE/issues/34

I'm about to die here. I thought PT_ was the expert in ICE, or is this a question for C people like Mateo?
jcgter777 wrote:
I'm about to die here. I thought PT_ was the expert in ICE, or is this a question for C people like Mateo?

It's a question to everyone, to get more inputs. I can use only integers, I can use only floats, and *maybe* I can mix them up, but no idea how. Wink
PT_ wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:

It's a question to everyone, to get more inputs. I can use only integers, I can use only floats, and *maybe* I can mix them up, but no idea how. Wink

I personally think that all floats is not a bad option, but you could potentially "sign" each float with a flag indicating that it's a float, but don't add the flag if it is an integer.

I'm not really an expert with these things, so I'm not sure.
I know it's harder for you, but my take on it is that you first created ICE to make ti-basic programming easier and faster. For this reason, I think mixing them would be the best option. Not only would it allow users to use appropriate data types as necessary to optimize for speed and size, but it would also introduce basic programmers to the idea of different numerical data types. This is something I wish I'd learnt about earlier, but back when I began programming in ti-basic, I'd never thought about that kind of thing, but the floats with optionally imaginary parts are actually quite complex to deal with on low levels. So I think it would make basic coders a little more ready for more formal languages, which they will inevitable learn sooner or later. So for speed and education, I say both Razz
PT_, is it possible so that if you select a ICE SRC prgm with [2ND], it's compiled then executed? It bothers me to actually have to type in the program name if it's the first time compiling, or just searching through the prgm list.
Feature Request: would it be possible to display this picture: http://dcs.cemetech.net/images/rgbhlpalette.png when you push graph on the program editor. It would make it so much easier to be able to look at the picture to decide what color you want to use in your program, without memorizing it or going online.
john35588 wrote:
Feature Request: would it be possible to display this picture: http://dcs.cemetech.net/images/rgbhlpalette.png when you push graph on the program editor. It would make it so much easier to be able to look at the picture to decide what color you want to use in your program, without memorizing it or going online.

Why not just print it out on a color printer?
MateoConLechuga wrote:
john35588 wrote:

Why not just print it out on a color printer?

Because you need a paper w/ you when programming. You could also use ICE Color Picker (84pce/asm/...)
I use ICE Color Picker, but I think it'd be really handy to have the graph thing john35588 suggested, since you have to go out of the program to run ColorIce.
A few feature requests:

-Jumping to programs
-Program info on the side, like a list in the Windows file thing
-Compiled program name next to the source
-A setting menu where you can change background colors and other things?
-Remove the weird characters in hidden programs' names
-(if john35588's graph hook is implemented, a settings menu for turning off hooks)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 22 of 33
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours