Has anyone noticed how the calculator just resets when you press the 'run' button after compiling? I have lost many a program to this (and also due to not backing up Rolling Eyes ).
That may be a problem with your program that the compiler didn't (read: can't) catch, which means that it's your program that's the issue.
Well, I've made quite a few ICE programs already and it's happened to practically all of them. That's why I wasn't sure.
Can I see one of your programs? Just to see if I could help.
Ok here's the link to my latest:
https://github.com/Argus1234/TI-84-Plus-CE/blob/master/JETPACK.8xp
(Just made an account for the first time so excuse me if I made any mistakes)
I was hoping you would've provided the source instead of the compiled program. I can't just read assembly and know what you were talking about. Razz
Sorry, I thought that was the source... Rolling Eyes I think I don't have the original for that one anymore so I'll just add a different file instead (a test I made that also crashes the calc).
Do the files crash when you save and then run them using the OS, or only when you press the Run button?

If it also crashes with the OS, it's probably an issue with your code.
It only happens when I use the run button. Other than that they work fine.
Trying building the latest unreleased build from here: https://github.com/PeterTillema/ICE
If that doesn't work, try running a self-test of your calc by opening the mode menu and pressing [alpha], [ln]
I just download the latest version of ICE from git. I was compiling Xenon in the compiler then said I had too many variables. I only had 93 variables Wink .

Why is there a max number of variables a developer can have?
Does have to do with space or a bug?
The max number of variables is a result of the fact that variables use the ix (or is was it iy?) register with an offset. The commands that use ix/iy can have an offset of -128 to 127 bytes, for a total range of 256 bytes. Variables are 3 bytes long, so that means there can only be floor(256 / 3) = 85 variables in a program. So, it's not really a bug or a space limitation, just a limitation of the system used for indexing variables.

You could try porting the program to an actual language like C, reusing variable names, and replacing constants with literal values.
Would you mind putting links to the ICE documentation items in the first post? I always have trouble finding it. Thanks! Smile
Would you mind updating the link for the command list in the first post?
It should be https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/PeterTillema/ICE/blob/master/docs/commands.html
The current link is wrong.
Thanks! Smile
Ok I have just one question... why can’t ICE Compiler on github be pre-compiled and released in the Downloads? Even if the latest version is buggy or crashy?
It would make it way easier for me to put it on my CE when and if I do get a computer, and not have to compile it myself. Yes, it sounds like I’m lazy, but it’d just be easier on me. Smile

Would someone please do that??
All you have to do is run make in the command line. Rolling Eyes
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
Ok I have just one question... why can’t ICE Compiler on github be pre-compiled and released in the Downloads? Even if the latest version is buggy or crashy?
It would make it way easier for me to put it on my CE when and if I do get a computer, and not have to compile it myself. Yes, it sounds like I’m lazy, but it’d just be easier on me. Smile

To answer your question, while "nightly builds" (builds of a program that are compiled and released on a regular basis), do exist in many cases for open source computer software, they are generally only used for debugging purposes or to provide users with new, potentially untested features, which often come with a risk of crashing.

Also, for this specific example, really not much has been added to ICE on GitHub since the last release. So unless you really want to bug test it or use those very few new features, I would suggest just using the stable released version for now.
I mean how hard is it for PT_ to set up appveyor artifacts. Just copy the config from convbin or something.
TimmyTurner62 wrote:

ICE newest stable version
beckadamtheinventor wrote:
TimmyTurner62 wrote:

ICE newest stable version

Thank you very much Beck! Just about everything I ask for someone to do for me I noticed I could’ve done myself, I think I’m a little lazy when it comes to looking online for downloads and code and stuff Razz

But I do appreciate it, and thanks again!!!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 31 of 33
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours