PT_ wrote:

Alright, thanks! Smile It's kinda hard to get inspiration without ideas though Wink

Concerning my needs, i only need real calculation. After that, Ice compiler is complete IMHO.
Just simple corrections if people find a bug. You have done a great software and it's complete.
Ice is fast, good, easy to use, what else ? Take some good time.
Where can i ask a programing question about Ice ? Wich topic adress ?
I saw several but i dont know wich one is the right one.
Thank you
Dear Friend wrote:
Where can i ask a programing question about Ice ? Wich topic adress ?
I saw several but i dont know wich one is the right one.
Thank you

Either in this topic or create your own one Smile
I am a total beginer in Ice.
I try to display an integer on screen position 5,5
So i wrote this but it doe'snt work and i dont know why :

Code:

[i]C
100->A
Begin
SetTextXY(5,5
PrintInt(A,10
Pause
det(1

Where am i wrong ?

Thank you foor your answer
Dear Friend wrote:

Code:

[i]C
100->A
Begin
SetTextXY(5,5
PrintInt(A,10
Pause
det(1

The problem with this code is that the PrintInt is attempting to print 10 digits of the integer A. The integer A is only 3. This causes issues with the display. Use this code:

Code:

[i]C
100->A
Begin
SetTextXY(5,5
PrintInt(A,3
Pause
det(1
Thank you Peter, it give exactly what i was expecting.

Ice's speed is very impressive comparing to TI-basic.

And using Ice with OS5.3.0 open a highway to very long programs... in limit of 1850k...

Royal !

Is there a topic with a kind of lesson with examples in Ice ?

Thank again for your help Peter.
You can find example programs in the ICE download. As for lessons online, you can go to The ICE Wiki. There are some lessons there. The documentation that comes with ICE (the PDF, not the HTML file) also has lots of good info on ICE.
LAX18 wrote:
You can find example programs in the ICE download. As for lessons online, you can go to The ICE Wiki. There are some lessons there. The documentation that comes with ICE (the PDF, not the HTML file) also has lots of good info on ICE.

Thank you for these sources LAX18.
More i practice, more i like Ice... it's a complete structured language, like C and Pascal.
But Ice is also very good for games creators. It's incredible to see such a quality software in a so little Z80 calculator. (sorry, a eZ80 calculator)
Thank you for this new version of Ice Peter !
By the way i have typed the pong example because it appear in Gif but it was not included in Ice's example directory.

Code:
[i]COMPILED
160->X
120->Y
105->A
2->F->G
Begin
FillScreen(0
Repeat K=15
   SetColor(0
   FillCircle_NoClip(X,Y,2
   FillRectangle_NoClip(5,A,5,30
   FillRectangle_NoClip(310,A,5,30
   If A>0
      A-3*getKey(4)->A
   End
   If A<240
      A+3*getKey(1)->A
   End
   If X=310 or X=10
      If Y<A or Y>A+30
         Goto STOP
      Else
         0-F->F
      End
   End
   X+F->X
   If Y=240 or not(Y
      0-G->G
   End
   Y+G->Y
   SetColor(255
   FillCircle_NoClip(X,Y,2
   FillRectangle_NoClip(5,A,5,30
   FillRectangle_NoClip(310,A,5,30
   Pause 30
End
Lbl STOP
det(1

Well i have personnalised it a little bit :
1)the output file's name is "COMPILED" like in all my sources.
2)I use getkey(4) and getkey(1) direct values.
I didnt used backbuffer but it's a good exercise for beginners and with the buffers swap it's possible to delete some graphics instructions... and the result is so smooth...
My god Peter ! I just saw today you are preparing version 3 !!!
I am still preparing my first game in Ice v2.1.3.2 and you are preparing v3...
Too fast !!!
Good work Peter...
Dear Friend. ICE version 2.2 has officially been released into the cemetech archive. I highly recommend that you update.
Thank you LAX18, i saw that and i have downloaded it but i dont have any issue with v2.1.3.2 so i continue to use it...
Any information about v3 evolutions or orientations ?
ICE v.3 is being worked on, however development is sporatic as PT_ is still *officially* focusing on work.

The only reason I suggest you update is that some commands syntax's change and if you jump from, say v.2.1.3.2 to v.3 all in one go, some programs may break and then you have to find all the changes since v.2.2. I had this problem with the new Compare token. PT_ changed the output so that it does not ave the same syntax as an earlier version of 2.2.

But, either way is okay.

Edit: Check out its progress here
Ah ok i did'nt know that point. Effectively i will upgrade but for now i am building my first game with ice and i prefer evoluate my ice'version right after.
Ice is so fast, it's incredible, i must slow it with pause... i's crazy...
Thank you again Lax18.
Dear Friend wrote:
Ice is so fast, it's incredible, i must slow it with pause... i's crazy...

Yep, that's the point Laughing
Hi Ice's forumers,

I would like to manage a map but at begining without tiles because :
1) i am not familiar with tilemap and tiled editor
2) i have just some little sprites to manage (size 25x25) and they are moving, shape changing (well, and shooting Wink )

Is there a possibility to manage a array system ? I saw there are Lists, so it could be a solution but what does programmers use to manage an array of integer ?

And other point, is there a file system management to save player profile, player state, game data, dialog and so on with Ice ?

Is there a link where i could learn more and probably save your time by finding answers by myself ?

Thank you Ice's forumers
Regards
I think what you are looking for is a matrix. Although I would really recommend using a tilemap, which would save you a lot of headaches and probably be faster, you can use a matrix (which is just a 2D array) I think the default (and only) size a matrix can be in ICE is 25x25, which if that is the case, you're in luck
Also, you could permanently store your data in an archived appvar, which would shield it from ram resets, and be mildly safe from users editing it, but don't expect it to be secure or anything.
Here is the link to the documentation concerning all commands, including the ones related to appvar and matrix manipulation.
Thank you a lot Mr Womp Womp,

A matrix is exactly the solution. I will use this solution.
Appvar seems to be also exactly what i need. I dont need it to be secure, it's just for a game Wink
Thank you for the link, i will consult it.

Thank again Mr Womp Womp. Have a good day.
ice.cemetech.net appears to be down. Is it being worked on? Is there alternative documentation I can refer to? (besides dankcalculatorbro's awesome videos)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 27 of 33
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours