Although useful, wouldn't a wiki page, like what the ICE docs are on, be more appropriate than a topic? I say this since the wiki is easily editable by anyone, so they don't have to get permission before adding something, I would think it'd be easier to manage, and doesn't it have better search functions than normal topics?
Hey, I'm trying to change color palette but I couldn't find any documentation or tutorial on how to use det(4.
I need to use rgb332 palette to render a sprite. Can someone tell me how to use det(4?
IIRC, the custom palatte is for ConvPNG output. If you want to make sprites in RGB331, I suggest making a sprite on computer then converting it through ConvPNG as Mateo added rgb332 support and output of palatte.

If there is another way, I am sure PT_ will post it.
Well, that's what I'm doing, the sprite data is created using convPNG but when I output as xlibc, the sprite glitches. However it works on rgb332 but the colors aren't good, when I display sprite using ICE. You suggest me to output palette with convPNG and change palette with det(4) ?
ConvPNG should give you the palette, and you can specify what palette, IIRC. If not, try not specifying the palette at all. See if that works.
Nevermind, I found where the problem came from, and it was me. ConvPNG and ICE are working fine. Rolling Eyes
Thats good Tengento. What exactly did you do wrong? I would like to know for future reference.
Nothing, I just thought it worked differently xD
@P_T could you add the pow function (with the ^ token ) Wink ?
Thank you in advance
Integer exponents applier to integers are mostly useless. Negative exponents, 0, and 1 don't do anything interesting. 2 and perhaps 3 are useful. Greater than 3, it's too likely to overflow to really be useful.

I'd suggest that the specific squared (and perhaps cubed) operators be implemented for integers. General exponentiation isn't really useful without floats.
No, it could be useful. In fact, I need it for my program, and I was just wondering, if it would be possible.
Now, I'll do my own routine, to do it Wink
The primary case where integer exponentiation may be useful is 2^N. This case would be covered if bit shift operators were implemented, which you may want to consider to increase the parity with C.
Hey PT_, why does checkTmr take two arguments? What is the second argument?
Brando wrote:
Hey P_T, why does checkTmr take two arguments? What is the second argument?

It just has one argument.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Brando wrote:
Hey PT_, why does checkTmr take two arguments? What is the second argument?

It just has one argument.

I get a “wrong number or arguments” error when running something like this

Code:
checkTmr(startTmr->A
That's a bug in ICE I already solved, but the new version isn't officially released yet. I think putting anything as the first argument and the time as the second argument would work.
Hi Peter,

Thank you *a lot* for Ice compiler.

I learn it since two weeks with some example to learn functions i am going to use in some programs (well, mainly games Wink )

It's so fast and so easy to use with OS 5.3.0

Your compiler has opened my mind on so large possibilities that it give me the envy to make some programs with it and post them in some websites.(Cemetech as first, of course!)

A so good software is certainely the fruit of a big big work.
I hope this message will support you and give you some strength and energy.

Continue like that, you are talentuous and i feel you want to make good things.

Best regards Peter.

P.S. I hope the real routines will not slowdown too much compiled programs. Maybe a keyword to enable or disable the routines could be useful?
(anyway i keep all the previous versions by security Smile )
Dear Friend wrote:
Hi Peter,

Thank you *a lot* for Ice compiler.

I learn it since two weeks with some example to learn functions i am going to use in some programs (well, mainly games Wink )

It's so fast and so easy to use with OS 5.3.0

Your compiler has opened my mind on so large possibilities that it give me the envy to make some programs with it and post them in some websites.(Cemetech as first, of course!)

A so good software is certainely the fruit of a big big work.
I hope this message will support you and give you some strength and energy.

Continue like that, you are talentuous and i feel you want to make good things.

Best regards Peter.

Thanks for your kind works, I highly appreciate it Smile. Glad to hear you gave it a try, and I'm certainly looking forward to see your programs appearing here at Cemetech Smile. If you have suggestions, remarks, new functions, or whatever, please don't hesitate to ping me or post it on the forum, then I can always (try to) improve ICE.

Dear Friend wrote:
P.S. I hope the real routines will not slowdown too much compiled programs. Maybe a keyword to enable or disable the routines could be useful?

Sorry, what do you mean? Which routines? You can't simply 'disable' routines like sin(, cos(, otherwise the program doesn't work Wink
PT_ wrote:

Dear Friend wrote:

Sorry, what do you mean? Which routines? You can't simply 'disable' routines like sin(, cos(, otherwise the program doesn't work Wink

Yes you are right, i forgot all functions wich use reals components...

I dont have special needs in Ice, for me it's just perfect!
And i prefer let you do what inspire you...
A creator is never as good as when he is totally free.
Dear Friend wrote:
Yes you are right, i forgot all functions wich use reals components...

I dont have special needs in Ice, for me it's just perfect!
And i prefer let you do what inspire you...
A creator is never as good as when he is totally free.

Alright, thanks! Smile It's kinda hard to get inspiration without ideas though Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 26 of 33
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours