Nope, I'm not done yet, but I made this:

108 vs 381 bytes.

(Source: http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/sierpinski-triangle )
Tada!

Oooo that is looking really nice! Are you going add a sort of catalog to the menu? Good work, anyhow!
Hidden feature Very Happy

Sooo I was messing around with some ASM today, and I managed to get the PrintScreen (0x91) token on-calc.

I decided this was not enough and proceded to make a program with PrintScreen as the name. So I did, but it shows up as "รค" on-calc, the program menu won't let me bring my cursor down to select it, and best of all, ti-connect CE crashes if I try to go to the calculator explorer menu with this program on my calc. This got me thinking... Since this token is by far the least useful token, why not replace this one with the custom ICE tokens, which would prevent you from overwriting a "real" token such as the stats ones that you are currently using... I mean sure the stats ones are quite useless for everyday programming, but PrintScreen is completely useless...

EDIT: PT_ has been so kind as to provide me with a copy of ICE for some random bugtesting and I've found a pretty critical bug... here is a video of this bug in action Very Happy
mr womp womp wrote:
PT_ has been so kind as to provide me with a copy of ICE for some random bugtesting and I've found a pretty critical bug... here is a video of this bug in action Very Happy

Yep Confused when you run ICE, quit it, make a new program with the ICE header, add a C function, turn the calc off, turn the calc on, edit that program and move to the C function, you see a lot of "########################" in the statusbar, and when you press [TRACE], you know you are f*cked Sad Problem was that I was running it in CEmu, and there it works fine :/ I will try to fix it though
PT_ wrote:
Hidden feature Very Happy

Looks like a suggestion of mine, awesome Very Happy
Yep Very Happy

It's coming closer and closer...

I'm super happy to announce that ICE v1.2 is ready!

You can download it here!
https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/84pce/asm/ICECompiler.zip
I will upload soon a revised version, with some minor bugs fixed, and more examples, to make it more clear what you can do with ICE Wink

This is the famous bounce program:

It should run smooth!

Source:

Code:
[i]BOUNCE
det(0
det(5,0
[maxY]0,8,8,"0000E0E0E0E0000000E0E0E0E0E0E200E0E000E2E2E2E2E2E0E2E2E2E2E2E7E7E2E2E2E7E7E7E7E7E2E7E7E7E7E7E7E700E7E7E7E7E7E7000000E7E7E7E70000"
For(G,0,19
   remainder(rand,312->L1(G
   remainder(rand,232->L1(G+20
   1->L1(G+40
   1->L1(G+60
End
det(2,0
Repeat getKey
   For(G,0,19
      L1(G->H
      L1(G+20->I
      det(42,H,I,8,8
      If H=312 or not(H
         0-L1(G+40->L1(G+40
      End
      If I=232 or not(I
         0-L1(G+60->L1(G+60
      End
      H+L1(G+40->L1(G
      I+L1(G+60->L1(G+20
      det(59,0,L1(G),L1(G+20
   End
   Pause 5
End
det(1

Copy this into SC, download it, and try it yourself! Very Happy
I'm getting a few errors while trying to compile this one with ICE, first, the not() commands still give an error, but IIRC, you had implemented those, so maybe you just forgot to remove error checking for those. I'm also getting an error on line 25, which is
Code:
det(59,0,L1(G),L1(G+20
I don't know why ICE is complaining about this one, it seems like it's got the right number of arguments and stuff...

Unrelated to this, It seems like this program:

Code:
[i]A
randInt(1,3→A
Causes ICE to say "Error on line"
It doesn't tell you the line and ICE becomes unresponsive...
mr womp womp wrote:
I'm getting a few errors while trying to compile this one with ICE, first, the not() commands still give an error, but IIRC, you had implemented those, so maybe you just forgot to remove error checking for those. I'm also getting an error on line 25, which is
Code:
det(59,0,L1(G),L1(G+20
I don't know why ICE is complaining about this one, it seems like it's got the right number of arguments and stuff...

I've updated ICE. I'm not sure if I accidentally fixed not( or not, but for me it works fine Wink
I was aware of your second bug, and I've fixed it, it should compile normally.

mr womp womp wrote:
Unrelated to this, It seems like this program:

Code:
[i]A
randInt(1,3→A
Causes ICE to say "Error on line"
It doesn't tell you the line and ICE becomes unresponsive...

Fixed!

Download ICE Compiler
So not sure if I found a bug, but I sent over the latest version and the two examples in the cemetech archives to CEmu, ran ICE, compiled PONGSRC, and ran PONG. PONG opened for about 1/4th a second, displayed everything, then closed. I did that twice, then ran ICE again and compiled BOUNCESRC. I then ran BOUNCE once, it worked perfectly, and after quitting and attempting to run again, I would get an Error: Invalid twice, then the third time I attempted it, the calc seemed to freeze, but you can see there was some sort of process running in the background with the indicator:

EDIT: I updated the libraries and I think that may have fixed the BOUNCE bug, but PONG still closes immediately.
Which OS do you have? IIRC I had issues with 5.1.5
DJ_O wrote:
Which OS do you have? IIRC I had issues with 5.1.5

I have 5.2.0, so that's not the problem Wink

EDIT: Oh, also, how does ICE behave when archived and ran with Cesium?
Unicorn wrote:
EDIT: I updated the libraries and I think that may have fixed the BOUNCE bug, but PONG still closes immediately.

Maybe... should you (and me) add a "Pause 10" to slow it down a little bit Wink

Smile
I've updated ICE v1.2.1 to v1.2.2 Smile

There are now more examples to learn from (5 in total [BOUNCE, FLOODIT, GUESS, PONG, SIERP], more are maybe coming soon Wink), and I've included a post of Mateo where he explains how to convert images to ICE sprite data.

Download ICE Compiler

(If you see less than 5 examples, then it's not accepted yet Razz
Yay, time for another update!
I've fixed some bugs, added a little bit auto-optimization, such that if you use only once Input, it won't be in the program data but in the program itself, which saves 10 bytes. This happens too for Pause, which saves either 5 or 6 bytes (if the pause time is constant 6 bytes, otherwise 5). This is rather a small update, the next one would be v2.0 with some very nice features incoming Very Happy
Also, I've changed the type hook, to avoid conflicts with PHASM, ICE now uses the GetKey hook, and not the GetCSC hook, because PHASM already uses that. The most important update is, that I've fixed the closing parenthesis bug. When you use for example "For(A,1,2)" it will generate an error, because of the ")". I've now changed the structure a little bit, and I hope it works now. Maybe there are some more changes, I'm not sure of Wink The Commands list is a bit updated, I've added the default value for colors/clipping. I'm not sure I've already added this in the previous version, but you can now use mean(), which calculates the mean of 2 expressions.

Have fun with it Smile

Download:
https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/84pce/asm/ICECompiler.zip

Source:
https://github.com/PeterTillema/ICE - licensed under GPL v3 Smile
PT_ wrote:
Tada!

Is the list of C commands(shown on the Calculator while editing a program) above still available in the newest release of ICE? If so, where can I find it?
seanlego23 wrote:
PT_ wrote:
Tada!

Is the list of C commands(shown on the Calculator while editing a program) above still available in the newest release of ICE? If so, where can I find it?

Yes, you just press [trace] while editing a program, and you can press the left and right arrow keys to move from one menu to another.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 33
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours