I've been keeping this project semi-secret for about a month now, but here it is!

Titanium is a multiplatform IDE written in C++ using Qt, that will help develop programs for the TI-84+CE. When finished, it will have ASM, C, and TI-BASIC support.
The name is Titanium after the element with the symbol TI.

Features:
    Dark, photoshop-esque interface
    Compile to ez80 assembly, decompile .8xp files
    Compile to C (using the CE SDK)
    Compile to TI-BASIC, edit TI-BASIC programs.
    Multiple files at once
    Cross platform compatible
    Sprite Conversion
    ZIP file import
    Syntax Highlighting/Autocomplete
    More to come!

File formats are .tIDE, which are basically .xml's (but I don't want people messing with them). In its appdata folder, it stores a file called quit.tiQ, which stores the previous project so it can be retrieved, and it stores a session file, for editing outside a project (a temporary project, but that's only so the session can still be intact on restart).
The editor stores a cached version of text inside its project files, so you can have "unsaved" text persist throughout sessions and not have to overwrite the original file to quit the program. You can, of course, use the save button to actually overwrite the file when you wish to.

I'm not going to link the code (or a compiled version), since the program is not very feature complete, and basic things aren't implemented (I wouldn't want someone to put in the effort to make a pull request, and have to reject it because it doesn't meet my vision for the basics of the program Very Happy)

Anyway, what do you think? Would you use something like this? If not, what would you want to make it more useful?
Questions, comments, suggestions, and feature requests below!

Special thanks to Mateo for helping out with some bugs and for being really helpful!
KingInfinity wrote:
IDE written in C++ using Qt, that will help develop programs for the TI-84+CE

I like it.
KingInfinity wrote:
C

I like it even more.
One feature that I have always wanted to see implemented into an IDE like this is the opening of zip files, and putting all of its contents into a project (except for subfolders and non-compatible files, of course). One thing I like to do is download other peoples programs to study and learn from their code, but extracting and then importing the files into an IDE is just an annoying process.
If you could implement a feature like this, I would be very happy.
Caleb_Hill wrote:
One feature that I have always wanted to see implemented into an IDE like this is the opening of zip files, and putting all of its contents into a project
I second this. It would definitely make my life easier.

Also, what does this offer that is better than TI Connect CE for basic programmers? As of now, that is my main program, but if this offers syntax highlighting or auto complete I would definitely switch to this.
andressevilla wrote:
Caleb_Hill wrote:
One feature that I have always wanted to see implemented into an IDE like this is the opening of zip files, and putting all of its contents into a project
I second this. It would definitely make my life easier.

Also, what does this offer that is better than TI Connect CE for basic programmers? As of now, that is my main program, but if this offers syntax highlighting or auto complete I would definitely switch to this.

Hmm... I never thought about that. I assume it would have xLIBCE support and such included, but I will officially add syntax highlighting / auto complete to the feature request list, along with opening zips.

Edit: I was thinking about adding a Scratch-like editor to Titanium that lets new coders drag and drop, and then see the code they are creating using a toggle... This would allow more coders to create cool things for the CE, and still make engaging and fun contributions to the archives all while learning how to code! I think this would be a really cool feature (and of course, it would be C, not assembly or TI-Basic).
KingInfinity wrote:
I was thinking about adding a Scratch-like editor to Titanium that lets new coders drag and drop, and then see the code they are creating using a toggle... This would allow more coders to create cool things for the CE, and still make engaging and fun contributions to the archives all while learning how to code! I think this would be a really cool feature (and of course, it would be C, not assembly or TI-Basic).

I would think that would be more effective (and easier to implement) as TI-BASIC rather than C. Also, that's far beyond the original scope of this project, but I think it would certainly be great. Smile
Sheesh, why not make the IDE write all the entire program for you then, since you seem to be making this a super-IDE? XD

This does look pretty neat, though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours