cool, will be nice to see what comes of it.
KermMartian wrote:
Cool, MNG looks awesome. PNG already pwns GIF (excepting those #$%^ noncompliant browsers), so MNG would hopefully pwn animated GIFs as well.

I think a better comparison would be PNG pwns JPGs.... GIFs are meant to be small, PNGs and JPGs are meant for medium-to-large size images were quality actually matters....
Confused GIF works with files that need lots of detail... just make sure you have close to 256 colors or less and no gradual color changes, and you'll be fine with GIF. Oh, and also try to avoid 1400-frame 100x300 GIFs. Laggy...
Exactly. GIFs are not meant for photo-quality images. They are supposed to be used for cartoonish-pics more. JPG/PNG are more for photos.
kirb wrote:
Exactly. GIFs are not meant for photo-quality images. They are supposed to be used for cartoonish-pics more. JPG/PNG are more for photos.
GIFs can also be used for diagrams, icons etc. I agree.
test post here.
KermMartian wrote:
Confused GIF works with files that need lots of detail... just make sure you have close to 256 colors or less and no gradual color changes, and you'll be fine with GIF. Oh, and also try to avoid 1400-frame 100x300 GIFs. Laggy...

256 colors is a pretty large limitation these days Wink
Every Cemetech image on this page other than avatars and signatures is a GIF.
Fun animated GIF:
Smile
Shock Nicely done! I assume that that's a time lapse of your trip?
dont use JPEG anymore. its dated. PNG has much better image quality.
Indeed, and the size really isn't that much larger.
I got CalcCapture to work, except the color quality is horrible. ANy other program suggestions?
Kuro wrote:
I got CalcCapture to work, except the color quality is horrible. ANy other program suggestions?

not sure if the color is CalcCaptures fault or if it is GIFs limited 256 colors
It's probably GIF's fault - I bet it uses a predefined pallette, not a pallette optimized on the fly.
Looks to me like its predefined.
Aye, to me as well. Use something like Fraps it you need beter quality and color.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours