Ok, so this morning my brother did SOMETHING ( I don't know what, but it wasn't a drop) to my sister's Asus Transformer pad TF103C tablet. My mom told me that part of the snap-on back cover came off. She then discovered that the tablet wasn't responding to touch input. I tried everything i could, but the only way to control the tablet was via the keyboard on the dock and an external mouse (the touchpad on the dock also stopped working)! I assume it is a ripped ribbon cable or something like that. If anyone has a potential fix that is worth trying, the they should tell me.

Best digital regards from everyone's favorite member (me!!),
CalcMax

P.S. If any of the fixes you guys tell me work, i will accelerate work on a calc prog that will be dedicated to some of my favorite members!
A quick google search pulled this up: https://myasustablet.wordpress.com/2013/02/16/how-to-fix-touch-screen-not-working-properly-reset/
I would try that before attempting to take it apart. Also, is it under any kind of warranty?
It is under warranty. I didnt mean taking it apart, btw!

P.S. The program i am working on is inspired by Kerm's internet explorer 0.3 link simulator.
CalcMax wrote:
P.S. If any of the fixes you guys tell me work, i will accelerate work on a calc prog that will be dedicated to some of my favorite members!

CalcMax wrote:
P.S. The program i am working on is inspired by Kerm's internet explorer 0.3 link simulator.

If you are so excited about it, I don't see what is stopping you from finishing up your program even if your ASUS is touch-dead.
I also want to add that the way you phrase this promise in these two posts makes it sound like half blackmail, and half reward. Laughing Neutral
Not blackmail. The program will come out at some point. it is nothing too special, but is rather an improvement. I just wanted to motivate you guys to give me the answer quick. If you think the program is childish (you will see and evaluate), the dont comment. It is only for people who understand that i dont know much tibasic. Anyway, this is for another topic.
CalcMax wrote:
It is under warranty. I didnt mean taking it apart, btw!

Then you should get it fixed/replaced under the warranty, and not try anything yourself.
CalcMax wrote:
I tried everything i could

It'd be nice to know what you tried so we don't suggest anything you've tried, or we can suggest alternate ways to go about it. Additionally, Ivoah has the right idea. His link doesn't mention anything about taking the tablet apart. I recommend you give the article a read, if the steps laid out in the article don't work it's best to get it repaired through ASUS warranty.

Also note, retailers often offer their own service plans and warranties on electronics like this. It's almost always declined by the customer because it's upwards of $50+ for tablets but check with your mom to see if she purchased any such warranty. Secondly, some credit card issuers automatically give an warranty or extend the warranty of electronics which can be helpful if the manufacture warranty expires, then you may still have a warranty from your credit card.
The tab is at repair. No word about it yet. I just know it went to the city of Belgrade for repair. That means it is being fixed 199 kilometers away...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours