Elephants sometimes do forget...the rest of the levels.

Based on this awesome game from Armor Games, with one level as the title suggests (yet 30 different "stages" Razz), I present to you, a could-be-would-be project in the works: This is the Only Level 84+!

The download here is outdated. Click the screenie to jump to the latest version!

JWinslow23 from the past wrote:

The attached download includes 9 stages for your playing pleasure. I have a screenie of the first 9 stages right here. Ignore it and download the latest binary instead, if you so choose. Or don't. I don't care. There's not much gain from sitting here and doing nothing, though.

Neat, this looks like a lot of fun, and the concept is a clever one as well. Is it safe to say that this is written in Axe, like many of your (our) grayscale platformers for the TI-83+/TI-84+ series? I'll be the first to ask the inevitable and probably annoying question about whether you're thinking of porting it to the color calculators.
Looks great so far! I had never heard of this game before, so I played it last night Smile It's a fun lighthearted platformer, and your port looks like a faithful reproduction. I can't wait for the final product.
I first learned about this game through one of my favorite youtube playlists. This video is incredibly NSFW due to the constant language but it's also incredibly funny. Check out "This Is The Only Level" on Rooster Teeths, "Achievement Hunter" channel under the "Rage Quit" playlist.
KermMartian wrote:
Neat, this looks like a lot of fun, and the concept is a clever one as well. Is it safe to say that this is written in Axe, like many of your (our) grayscale platformers for the TI-83+/TI-84+ series? I'll be the first to ask the inevitable and probably annoying question about whether you're thinking of porting it to the color calculators.

Yes, this is written in Axe for the monochrome series. However, I do not plan on porting it to the color calculators at the moment. Maybe to the CE sometime if (and that's a huge if) I learn C, but not to the CSE, mainly because I don't know xLibC and I think it's too slow for the game anyways.
Ivoah wrote:
Looks great so far! I had never heard of this game before, so I played it last night Smile It's a fun lighthearted platformer, and your port looks like a faithful reproduction. I can't wait for the final product.

Thank you so much Smile . I'm working hard on recreating the stages!
I'm going to have to try this out - I love a good platformer puzzle game.

So essentially all the coding is done, you just need to finish recreating the stages now? How long have you been working on this?
JamesV wrote:
I'm going to have to try this out - I love a good platformer puzzle game.

So essentially all the coding is done, you just need to finish recreating the stages now? How long have you been working on this?

The basic movement engine is done, but obviously it's going to be modified slightly every stage. For example, in one stage you have floatier gravity, and in another stage spikes send you flying upwards, and in another stage you're constantly being pushed left, etc. But that takes a good amount of work, depending on what you're trying to do (for example, Stage 18 is proving to be a hard one to recreate; basically, the floor collapses when you stand on it). But essentially, yeah, all I need are menus and stages.

I've been working on this for over a week, probably. I'm not sure, but I think I started coding this near March 2nd or 3rd.

Pretty soon, I'll post an update with 20 stages (well, 19 stages; Stage 18 will act like a regular stage for now, so ignore its title Razz )!
Bump.

I now have 11 more stages programmed in! Well, technically 10, because I still can't figure out how to program Stage 18. Any programming help at all would be greatly appreciated.

As well, I have added game saving (so far, it only saves your timer and your current stage), and have added GRAPH as a panic button.

Compiled program is here. .8xg with source files is here.
Bump.

I finally got past my programmer's block regarding Stage 18: Collapse. It now functions properly. Glad that's over, the rest of the game should be a BREEZE to implement (if I can find a different trick for Stage 28. I am NOT dealing with that one! Razz ).

DJ Omnimaga wrote:

I can't wait for a screenshot Very Happy

Well, you don't have to!

Download here. Please, tell me what you think!
Great work! What does Stage 28 require?
Stage 28 is a stage where the game is extremely zoomed in on the elephant, which would be quite time-consuming to recreate.

You know you can either play the actual game or look for the stages/tutorial on Youtube, right?
Well, the game is pretty much fully complete. Now all that's left is to clean up the code, and do some other stuff. I promise, you all will get the program soon.

*cough* POTM *cough*
Wow! I am amazed at how quicly you were able to complete the game. Good job Good Idea
Yeah! How long did this take? 2-3 weeks? That's fast progress.
Also, JWinslow23, I see that you have a CE and a CSE-do you plan on porting it or using Mateo's Mono2Color to make it readily availabe(but slow)?
This is Axe. If Mono2Color works with Axe (I honestly don't even know what it is, actually, or where it's used), then MAYBE.
Bump.

After being a little quiet, I have finally released This is the Only Level!

Download here. Please, tell me what you think!

(Also, tell me if I signed the application correctly. Last time I tried it, there was a problem with that.)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours