I need to use the connected graph feature of the STAT PLOT menu to create a calculator translation of an object I created. I plotted the letters Y Z Y on a graph and have all the coordinates.

How to I get my calculator to graph these points or functions? I have to turn this into my teacher tomorrow morning. Thanks for any suggestions!!!

This is my first post
Welcome to Cemetech, sherlinc! You need to put the X coordinates in L1, the Y coordinates in L2, and then specify those lists for the stat plot in [2nd][Y=]. Hope that helps.
Can pictures and/or images be displayed on the home screen?
I'm making a Textlib game, and drawing so many things are slowing it down.
Dudeman313 wrote:

The only things that can be displayed on the Homescreen is regular TI characters, such as text and numbers. For more advanced displays, TextLib, by DrDnar can be used to change the color of text, the highlight, enable inverse text, and much more.
Without Asm, the only way to display images more complex than characters can provide is to use the graph screen.
Dudeman313 wrote:
Once Doors CE is available, changing the foreground and background color of homescreen characters will be a little faster, but for now I'm afraid you're out of luck unless you want to use the graphscreen, as Caleb_Hill said.
Okay, thanks. I'll be waiting for DCE, but in the mean time, I'll look for optimizations.
I'll be the first to admit that TextLib isn't a high-performance library. Much of that, no doubt, comes from the fact that it's a RAM program, and every time you invoke it, the OS does _InsertMem and _DelMem to copy it to the static RAM location it executes from. Using lists as the input format probably isn't a major performance boon, either, because the OS also has to do a memory allocation for that, too. The fact that the OS parser isn't terribly fast doesn't help, either. If you're not doing it already, you should try to chain TextLib commands as much as possible.

But ultimately, I never intended for TextLib to be a definitive API for programmers. I really expected that a proper shell and library system would be published by now to take its place.
DrDnar wrote:
I'll be the first to admit that TextLib isn't a high-performance library. Much of that, no doubt, comes from the fact that it's a RAM program, and every time you invoke it, the OS does _InsertMem and _DelMem to copy it to the static RAM location it executes from. Using lists as the input format probably isn't a major performance boon, either, because the OS also has to do a memory allocation for that, too. The fact that the OS parser isn't terribly fast doesn't help, either. If you're not doing it already, you should try to chain TextLib commands as much as possible.

But ultimately, I never intended for TextLib to be a definitive API for programmers. I really expected that a proper shell and library system would be published by now to take its place.

KermMartian wrote:
Once Doors CE is available, changing the foreground and background color of homescreen characters will be a little faster

So, will DCE be implementing libraries that can take TextLib's place? Neutral
I wouldn't be suprised if Textlib or something similar was included in DCE. After all, wasn't xLIB an independent app before it was also within Doors CS(X)?
Caleb_Hill wrote:
DrDnar wrote:

KermMartian wrote:
Once Doors CE is available, changing the foreground and background color of homescreen characters will be a little faster

So, will DCE be implementing libraries that can take TextLib's place? Neutral
Doors CSE and Doors CE both offer the ability to color text on the homescreen, as of 2013 or so; this is nothing new. See DispColor:
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php/Third-Party_BASIC_Libraries_%28Color%29

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours