Today I've worked on creating my onw font for special characters, $01 - $1F. These are almost all of them. Would people please judge and say what they dislike/like? Then I can always change it Smile Thanks in advance!

Still need to do $80 - end ... Sad
I think almost all of them look good, except the degree symbol and radians symbol could use a little work. They need to be less bold/dark. they look intimidating, and should really just be as skinny as everything else.
Looks Great!
Caleb_Hill wrote:
I think almost all of them look good, except the degree symbol and radians symbol could use a little work. They need to be less bold/dark. they look intimidating, and should really just be as skinny as everything else.
Looks Great!

Thanks!

While I spoke on TI-Planet with some members, I decided to implement an options menu, for changing the indentation width, all the colors and enable light/dark mode.
On the other side, it seems useless to create the font for accented letters, like ü and Á. That is why I finished creating fonts, and now I'm going back to my main program Smile Like that, there are many characters that no one will use in BASIC, like ß and ^^4 (even not accessible), so I don't need a font for that.
Now it's time for scrolling up!
Your font remjnds me a little bit of the TI-89 font. Have you taken a look at that font to see if it might provide some inspiration for this font?
That looks like exemplary work, keep it up!

I don't miss the CSE at all, I think it was a mistake that it was ever made and dislike the one I have. >_> (if anyone wants to pay about $70 + shipping I'd sell it)
I'm very happy to say that scrolling up now works too! After all, with a bit struggling, it was so easy people will bump their heads when they hear what I tried Razz
Anyway, here's a screenshot so far:

I hope you all enjoy it! Smile
Looking nice! Is the flashing visible on hardware when scrolling, or is it just in the emulator?
Ivoah wrote:
Looking nice! Is the flashing visible on hardware when scrolling, or is it just in the emulator?

This is fixable by drawing to the second part of vram and then swapping the pointer to LCDBASE, in case you are interested PT_. Smile
Ivoah wrote:

Thanks Very Happy
Yet both, because I'm redrawing each frame when scrolling, but I'm going to implement double buffering
Oh cool !
Good job, PT Very Happy
Awesome! Maybe you could also convert this into a text reader as well? Also, will editing be supported?
Unicorn wrote:
Awesome! Maybe you could also convert this into a text reader as well? Also, will editing be supported?

Thanks Very Happy
Well, there exists already a TextViewer of our Mateo, so I don't think so. For your second question: yes, in a later version. Now I will focus me on only viewing programs (hard enough Razz)
While I had some free time today, I implemented the boundaries checking for vertical scrolling. You can't go up if you're at the first line, and not going down, if at the last line. It still doesn't work 100%, so I need to fix the bugs somehow. Now screenshot available Sad
While I had some free time, I started thinking about horizontal scrolling. Now do I have one very big problem: indentation. My idea was, to save the scrollState in RAM, and then don't display the first character(s) of the string. But if I have indentation, the first character(s) will disappear, while it shouldn't Sad
Any ideas?

Example:

Code:
If 1
Then
  Disp "yes"
  While 1
    Disp "no"
  End
End
If I now scroll this one right, it will look like this:

Code:
f 1
hen
  isp "yes"
  hile 1
    isp "no"
  nd
nd

To make it even harder, I'm going to add variable indentationwidth as well...
Just have a variable for each line that has how much it is indented by. Then only start removing characters when that value is reached in the horizontal scrolling Smile
Or redo your indentation routine to literally just add spaces to the beginning of the text string for each line (when it first reads the file). Then it will simply remove those spaces when you scroll.

(Horizontal scrolling is another reason you may want to use a constant-width font. Wink)
While I was bored at school, I've created a GitHub project of it, you can find it here:
https://github.com/PeterTillema/ProgramViewer
In the README, you can even see the features and the future requests Smile
Now that you have a GitHub repo for it, it's probably worthwhile to turn the "future requests" into issues with the issue tracker, rather than manually managing the list in the readme Smile
After a quite 'long' time I picked up this project, and implemented horizontal scrolling. It works almost, I only need to have horizontal line break, because when a line goes through the edge, it fails Smile

(During recording, I noticed a new bug Sad)
Looking good, PT_! Keep up the great work.
Throwback to your SHADESCE project.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours