Alrighty, I'll change it to indicate that the speed improvement depends on the radius of the circle, and give the range as an average 5x-2x improvement.
thats better, but still not accurate, as at a radious of 10 its already down to just a 1.5x improvement, and at 31 (which, btw, doesn't draw an accurate circle) it is much slower (almost half the speed of the built in)

so the real range would be 8x (r = 1) to 0.6x (r = 31) on an 84+SE
something1990 wrote:
He did it. Kllrnohj did it in C.

huh?
Liazon wrote:
something1990 wrote:

huh?
Kllrnohj implemented this algorithm in C, which he then compiled for the z80. Mine does the same in TI-BASIC. The ideal balance between speed and size would be in an assembly program using a shell with Ion routines, such as Ion, MOS, or DCS.
Liazon wrote:
something1990 wrote:

huh?

I used SDCC and wrote some of my own C/ASM functions
Kllrnohj wrote:
Liazon wrote:
something1990 wrote:

huh?

I used SDCC and wrote some of my own C/ASM functions
And used some of the Ion routines, which is why I recommended making it a component of some shell-based program that already has access to those routines.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours