The TI Connect program is not connecting to my calculator, (TI-84 Plus) and the "TI Educational Handheld Device " driver IS NOT showing up under my Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Furthermore, the drivers folder in my program file for the TI Connect is nonexistent. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program. Also, before any of you ask me to try TILP, that specific program WILL not install...it says it can't download the required files. So, I am wondering if any of you have a DIRECT LINK to this driver I need (and please don't link me to the official TI website FAQ regarding this issue. How can I reinstall a driver that never existed in the first place?)

Thank you for reading,
Britney
Hi Britney,

What kind of cable are you using to connect to the calculator? And which version of TI-Connect? If you're using the direct USB cable and using just plain TI Connect, you may have better luck with TI Connect CE. It's possible they removed the driver from TI-Connect to force you to use CE. Despite the name, TI Connect CE will work with your 84+.

EDIT: I just double checked by installing both. TI Connect does not install any drivers, but TI Connect CE does. So I think installing TI Connect CE will indeed give you what you need. It's also a lot faster, so there's that Smile
merthsoft wrote:
Hi Britney,

What kind of cable are you using to connect to the calculator? And which version of TI-Connect? If you're using the direct USB cable and using just plain TI Connect, you may have better luck with TI Connect CE. It's possible they removed the driver from TI-Connect to force you to use CE. Despite the name, TI Connect CE will work with your 84+.

EDIT: I just double checked by installing both. TI Connect does not install any drivers, but TI Connect CE does. So I think installing TI Connect CE will indeed give you what you need. It's also a lot faster, so there's that Smile

I actually had the exact same issue with TI Connect CE, and it also did not install that particular driver. The cable I'm using is just some random USB cable that came with a satelite radio, since my calculator was used and given to me. I ordered this cable from amazon earlier, and I hope it'll help when it gets here. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0099RI7JQ/
Did TI Connect CE create a C:\Program Files (x86)\TI Education\TI Connect CE\drivers folder at least? You can manually install the driver from there, I would think.
merthsoft wrote:
Did TI Connect CE create a C:\Program Files (x86)\TI Education\TI Connect CE\drivers folder at least? You can manually install the driver from there, I would think.

I installed both of the drivers, and It still didn't work. I'll wait until my new cord gets here and get back you to. Thanks for the rapid response!
I just wanted to follow up on this issue-I got the new cord today and it worked with TI Connect CE! Thanks for all the help!
Glad to hear everything worked well! Smile
elfprince13 wrote:
Glad to hear everything worked well! Smile

Thanks!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours