OK. Ihave a ti84+se and a prestigio GeoVision 5500BTFMHD. The prestigio thing is a gps that I converted into an wince 6.0 pocket pc (don't ask how, I now have the desktop sans YF shell).
It seems to have usb otg, so I was thinking if I could maybe create a link between the two with the calc to calc USB.
CalcMax wrote:
OK. Ihave a ti84+se and a prestigio GeoVision 5500BTFMHD. The prestigio thing is a gps that I converted into an wince 6.0 pocket pc

I'm sorry, but I'm really curious as to how you did this. What steps were involved?

Quote:
It seems to have usb otg, so I was thinking if I could maybe create a link between the two with the calc to calc USB.

You can likely install TI-Connect or some other software to connect to the calculator. But I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve so I can't provide detailed feedback on how to do that. Are you trying to use the GeoVision as a storage device for apps and programs or what?
USB mini-A to mini-B can certainly be used to link two OTG devices. The question of which is host and which is slave is not clear from your problem statement, but this is a good starting point for documentation on creating assembly programs which interface with the USB hardware: http://wikiti.brandonw.net/index.php?title=83Plus:OS:84_Plus_USB_Information

USB8x provides example code (and useful libraries) if you want the calculator to be the master. Periph8x provides example code if you want the calculator to be the slave.
Well, the otg on the gps is not fully enabled and that is the first thing i will have to hack. Also, windows ce cant run anything (except some very primitive winNT compatible programs) that is made for standard versions of windows, so ticonnect and tilp are out. If you find a wince prog that will do the trick, then tell me.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours