All right then.... I just bought a Gameboy COLOR and taking a look at it, I noticed something...

The Gameboy has a USB port.... that just happens to be almost the exact same as my C(S)E's.

Immediately, the idea popped into my head that I could possibly link it to my CSE.

What do you guys think? Is it possible to link my calc to a Gameboy?

EDIT: I just noticed that the port doesn't fit a regular USB. But I can mod a cable to go in between the calc and Gameboy. After all, a cable only costs $2-$3.

UPDATE: I now have a Gameboy ΛDVΛПᄃΣD.
It's not a USB port, but here are some docs.
elfprince13 wrote:
From reading that documentation, it appears that the serial "library" from my GPS for graphing calculators could probably successfully receive data from the Gameboy. If only that library also had routines to send data. Razz
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
From reading that documentation, it appears that the serial "library" from my GPS for graphing calculators could probably successfully receive data from the Gameboy. If only that library also had routines to send data. Razz

Is it possible to write routines that would allow data to be sent?
UPDATE: I just got a Gameboy ΛDVΛПᄃΣ. Is it possible to link the calc to the GBA?
It appears that the Gameboy Advance has a similar serial link port that is also not a USB port, but you should definitely explore interfacing it with a calculator!
Something even more interesting to do would be to link the two wirelessly, as the GBA is wireless-capable. (It would need at wireless adapter though, and I'd have to mod one of the adapters to fit a micro USB port.... but boy, that would be interesting.)

But I'm not ΛDVΛПᄃΣD enough to do that (yet), so it'll have to wait.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours