Recently, I've been helping out with a self-hosted open-source web client, The Lounge. We use IRC (#thelounge on freenode) for the majority of discussion, so I made a small IRC bot written in JavaScript. Mainly, the bot's for practice, but it's proven to be pretty helpful so far.

At the moment, it only has github-related utilities but I plan to change that once I've modularized the bot.

In the config you can set a default github-user and a default github-repo, so when none is specified it defaults to them.
Current status:
!gh - returns Github link to default repo
!gh owner/repo (ie !gh MaxLeiter/lounge-bot) - returns Github link to specified project
!gh issue/commit/pr # - returns link to relevant PR/commit/issue
!gh owner/repo issue/commit/pr - returns link to relevant PR/commit/issue in specified repo
!gh search # - searches Github issues and PRs
!gh search owner/repo # - searches Github issues and PRs in specified repo

It also supports in-line commits, issues, and PRs (so you can say "how about #13" and it will return a link to it).

At the moment, the code is pretty messy, but it's been a fun side project so far Smile

Here's some screenshots:
Showing inline issues and searching:

Showing commits/pr's/issues from other repos:

The bot also messages users that join the channel with the default nickname for the client (lounge-user) and lets them know how to change it to something more unique.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours