Should KingBot be allowed in #cemetech?
Yes
 37%  [ 6 ]
No
 62%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 16

EDIT: KingBot now has the power to translate text into different languages using #translate[code] [message]
Hello, everyone! My latest project has been an IRC bot with emotions.
He is semi-intelligent (which is improving), and will not respond if he is angry at you. He can also be generally angry, sad, or excited in which case he won't/will answer some questions.
Some things you can ask him:
Sing a song (he has to be happy)
Give him some sort of compliment
Insult him
Tell him he would be a good real boy
Give him karma
Ask him if he knows his name
Start a #flamewar
Scold people for #grammar.
Ask him to tell you a bad joke
Tell him to leave (OPs and KInfinity, only)
He can google things for you (#google)
Convert to 1555 color (#color1555)
Find it at #kinginfinity to test for yourself.
I think it should be allowed if it has useful features and doesn't interfere too much.
Cool project! But I'm not sure if it's really suitable for the channel.

What does it do that is a) useful, and b) isn't already covered with other bots in the channel now?
Nikky's hit the salient points here.

[edit]

It's also worth pointing out that Cemetech is a benevolent dictatorship, so ultimately the staff will set policy with regards to whether or not new bots are permitted in the channel.
I'm not exactly sure it's super useful- just really neat with the emotions which leads me to ask: what features would you suggest adding to make it useful to you?
elfprince13 wrote:
Nikky's hit the salient points here.

[edit]

It's also worth pointing out that Cemetech is a benevolent dictatorship, so ultimately the staff will set policy with regards to whether or not new bots are permitted in the channel.

I think the word you're looking for is oligarchy.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours