I would REALLY want to start a project that involves porting windows 10 (making a simulator) to my ti84+SE. I also dont know whether or not to spend the hours of time it would take me to do such a (complex thing). The idea came to my mind after i returned from a 1 week trip to silicon valley. The reason being that is that i saw tons of different and cool windows 10 devices on that trip and i would like to add my calc to the list of devices that CAN run win10 (or at least a simulator).

Would anyone tell me whether it is worth the time?! I would have to do evrything in basic.
The calc would then become the oldest win10 device ever ( along with my 2008 desktop i just upgraded to win10).
Just because you make something that looks vaguely like Windows doesn't mean you can call it Windows, and it certainly doesn't make it Windows. Unless you could provide genuinely-useful calculator-centric features, like running Assembly, C, and TI-BASIC programs in a novel way, and weren't just putting in lots of nonfunctional features just meant to look good, it's not worth your or our time.
OK, I was just thinking of a simulator, but if you think it is not worth the time then OK. I wont make it.

P.S. It would anyway be slow on your calc because i would develop it on my OC-ed calc!
Overclocked Z80? DO THAT IN NORMAL MODE!!!!!! I don't take apart TI stuff (not overclocking my stuff), just an old iBook.
I turned an old Xp simulator into a win10 sim!!! Ha Ha!
Can we see screenshots? Smile
Will post when (if I even) I decide to release it!
Look, CalcMax (Can I call you Max?), you want people to recognize your greatness, right? Well, to be frank, nobody here will believe you to be great until you prove it in such a way we can undeniably recognize it (e.g. releasing your code, maybe even posting a (completely unedited) video on YouTube).

Now, I don't mean to be harsh, but you're barking a LOT with a very little bite. You claim all these award-worthy achievements, yet you won't (or maybe it's can't) support it. Think about award-winning scientists today. They have to publish a paper and get it reviewed by other scientists for a few years (I'm pretty sure about this part, and I really don't feel like Googling it, so somebody correct me if I'm wrong!) before they can have it be nationally recognized. Nobody just goes up with a "revolutionary new idea" and just - lickety-blam - gets credit/honor without proof.

So, to put a long story short, stop this whole "I-am-awesome-but-won't-let-anybody-else-see-my-awesomeness" charade, and be honest. If you actually can make these things, such as you completely, impossibly overclocked calc, then please give us proof. If this is all a scam, please stop posting these things. It only makes you look childish.

Now, I'm sorry to so rude, but this has gone on for quite long enough. And if my argument is completely invalid, please say so like an educated person and do not throw insults because you have nothing else to say, because that only makes you look childish as well.
Please have a nice day.
GTemples27's post is quite long, but he has a good point. This summarizes it up: Pics or it didn't happen.
GTemples27 wrote:
Now, I don't mean to be harsh, but you're barking a LOT with a very little bite.

I have been feeling this way as well. All though I recognize that I have little experience and/or talent in advanced programming, atleast I don't brag about things that I haven't or can't do.
pdf viewer would be a good feature and to port such thing to other calculators with larger screen and storage
hey guys, this is not to serious of a project. I don't have much time and you will probably see some of my s/w coming out after the end of the school year. The reason i am delaying stuff is because of extremely limited pc usage during the school year (my parents limit it). Also, if one more person says that I am a scammer, then i will personally have someone deal with them an possibly ban them. This project is one that may or may not survive. i may soon post screenshots.
10100
CalcMax wrote:
[...]i will personally have someone deal with them an possibly ban them.
Repeatedly threatening to have other users banned will in fact get you banned.

I look forward to seeing what, if anything, you publish of this project.
CalcMax wrote:
I don't have much time and you will probably see some of my s/w coming out after the end of the school year. The reason i am delaying stuff is because of extremely limited pc usage during the school year (my parents limit it).


That's perfectly reasonable. And thank you for the pleasant(ish) response. Very Happy

CalcMax wrote:
Also, if one more person says that I am a scammer, then i will personally have someone deal with them an possibly ban them.


Well, first, do you at least understand our viewpoint? I would make an analogy, but I don't know you so I can't create a very effective one. But I'll at least explain our viewpoint (Please don't get offended; I'm not trying to be harsh in any manner right now!): A new user comes along and make these new threads with all these great new things. Yet, when he is questioned, he denies to show any kind of proof. (Usually [And I say usually, because there are times when this doesn't happen] the OP also gives some kind of a picture or screenshot or something.) Later, he threatens to not show the project to anyone.
Sounds pretty sketchy, right?
So, no, we don't want you to be a spammer/troll/whatever-you-call-it. We would love to have see these new things you've made; after all, think of the progress we could make with that!
Yet, sadly, we can't believe you. These threats you make pretty much take away our belief; very, very few people would do that. They may show it, maybe even release it as closed-source with licenses (again, not too sure about that), but they still show proof for credit.

Ah, an analogy just came to mind! Say you're in math class, doing calculus, stuff like ∫∫x˛+ył, and this kid comes along saying "Oh, yeah, this stuff is easy. I've got this thing that lets me do it all in my head, and it's totally awesome!" You'd be all like "Woah" and he'd be all smug like "Yeah, IKR?" But then you ask him how he does it. His answer: No show. So, you'd be all like "Come on, please?" And then he's like, "Nope. And if you ask again, I'll get you expelled from school!" Now you're upset and thinking Wait a minute... I haven't even seen him use this trick.... He must be lying! So, yeah, that's our viewpoint.

So, long story short, tl;dr:
We don't want to call you a spammer, but you aren't helping your cause. Post proof if you can; if not, don't make threats. That won't help.

CalcMax wrote:
i may soon post screenshots.


That's more like it!
If this thread will only bring about such negative posts, I +1 locking it. He (calcmax) can just make a new post when/if he decides to release anything.
Hey, good idea. I may release this if I finish this. I am upset that GTemples27 messed up my topic that was headed on a good track Sad . If this project suceeds, then I will make a cool new topic about it. Please lock it and know that I am a 16 year old tech geek with limited time and not a scammer. The program I am working on is pretty cool, anyway.
CalcMax wrote:
I am upset that GTemples27 messed up my topic that was headed on a good track Sad .

GTemples did not "mess up" your topic, he gave you valid constructive criticism on how to improve this and future topics. You should be nicer to your fellow programmers Smile
I know it may be annoying to receive the same criticism over and over from different people, but doesn't that tell you something about what you need to improve?
CalcMax wrote:
Hey, good idea. I may release this if I finish this. I am upset that GTemples27 messed up my topic that was headed on a good track Sad .


Look, I'm really very sorry you feel upset; that wasn't my intention whatsoever. For this, you have my apologies.

CalcMax wrote:
Please lock it and know that I am a 16 year old tech geek with limited time and not a scammer. The program I am working on is pretty cool, anyway.


Alright, then know that I'm a 17 year old tech nerd who really doesn't want to attack you.
And, yes, this does seem quite cool. Could you provide some in-depth details as to what you did? You say you turned an old XP simulator into a Windows 10 one; how so?


Truly, I am sorry. And, I will say that over this past week, you have gotten much better. This last post you made differed quite a lot from your earlier posts, and raises my respect of you tremendously. So, thank you for making that effort!
IMHO age doesn't matter that much. Dudeman313 is much younger (and annoyingcalc was even younger when he joined, years ago) and doesn't do what GTemples27 described. People here have been around for years, so if you get criticized for something by multiple of them, then perhaps that's a something you might want to improve, no?
I didn't read all the posts, but the answer to the question posed in the topic title "Does anyone want me to port win10 to ti84+???!!!" is no, I would much prefer you to not. I mean I wouldn't worry about it but since you asked.
Windows 10 runs on many devices nowadays but they share something in common that the TI-84+ doesn't have so it's pretty silly to imagine "porting" Win10 to it. One could not even port MS-DOS or GemDOS to it. (though now that I think of it maybe one could port gemdos to the TI-89... hmm)
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement