I just noticed one typo in my SQL that won't effect the mod actually working, but which will slow down the database on large websites.

[edit]

fixed.
elfprince13 wrote:
I just noticed one typo in my SQL that won't effect the mod actually working, but which will slow down the database on large websites.

[edit]

fixed.
Care to share? Perhaps whatever it was could help me speed some of my SQL up a bit?
I had reversed my subtraction where its cleaning up phpbb_antispam_auth and this means session that ever visited the registration page would get saved instead of being deleted after an hour like its supposed to be.
Very Happy Wow, good thing you caught that!
anyway, go look at my registration page and tell me what you think.
That's http://rancidmoose.unitedti.org/forum/profile.php?mode=register for you guys.
ROFL - I like the cat picture. I hope that works well. May I suggest you standardize the image size though? I think it might look neater.
all those pictures are made by me.

and since you can add your own pictures, size is admin's choice.

Ill probably go with 3"*3" or something similar though since most of my stuff is that size. The current entries were stuff I add on the fly for doing testing.
I like it! do they have to get atleast, say 2 correct for it to work? Or do you need to get them all correct?
Harq wrote:
I like it! do they have to get atleast, say 2 correct for it to work? Or do you need to get them all correct?
I'm guessing that you need to get all three of them correct to pass registration...
all three.
Did you take my suggestion about the filenaming? [/me checks] Eeeexcellent. Smile
I though of one more thing, if somebody leaves the registration page up for an hour and then tries to register, and somebody else registers after their hour is up, they will get IP banned <_<. Im gonna make it auto-update the registration page every 10 minutes.
Why would trying to register after an hour indicate spambot activity?
because old entries are deleted after an hour to prevent the database from getting crowded with worthless old entries.
sounds like a cool mod hope it works. does it work with easymod yet?
gscm wrote:
sounds like a cool mod hope it works. does it work with easymod yet?
It's been working with EasyMOD since the first beta release. Smile
ok, i had not tried it
what he said. and of course it works. Ive been testing it on my board.

anybody have ideas about working with the 1 hour time limit or doing an autorefresh every 10 minutes?
Have you also tested it on a clean forum to ensure it works? I believe that's generally recommended...
it does.

any ideas on fixing the accidental bannag after an hour?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours