cool
As I've now finished the majority of the glove, I'm now training myself in the glove's character set. Also, which of these names do you like the best?

>> Clove 1
>> TecGlove
>> Ceme-TecGlove
>> Cemeglove
>> TeClove
>> TeGlove
>>other?
KermMartian wrote:
As I've now finished the majority of the glove, I'm now training myself in the glove's character set. Also, which of these names do you like the best?

>> Clove 1
>> TecGlove
>> Ceme-TecGlove
>> Cemeglove
>> TeClove
>> TeGlove
>>other?

wtf?

Anyways, i like TecGlove (Ceme-TecGlove is too much of a mouthful, but CemeGlove might work).
Here's a vote for "other" Razz

Calling it a glove is a bit akward, as it doesn't fit the common idea of a glove (which keeps your hards warm)
I disagree. "Glove" refers to the things pitchers wear, gardeners wear, snowmobile drivers wear, etc. The common thread appears to be a covering for the hands that provides some useful purpose, be it to warm, protect the hands, or strengthen catching abilities. The "Clove" fits both parts of those criteria.
i like dataglove as the name, and when do we get full procedure and such
I'll try to post them up today.
thanks Kerm
ooh, can't wait. Will this require odd drivers for use at all or not?
KermMartian wrote:
I disagree. "Glove" refers to the things pitchers wear, gardeners wear, snowmobile drivers wear, etc. The common thread appears to be a covering for the hands that provides some useful purpose, be it to warm, protect the hands, or strengthen catching abilities. The "Clove" fits both parts of those criteria.

unfortunately it also bears the connotation of being garlicky.
rivereye wrote:
ooh, can't wait. Will this require odd drivers for use at all or not?
It requires a resident program that I wrote. What it does is interpret my special StickyKeys-type thing, remap the keys necessary, and deal with the mouse stuff.
well, I hope this turns out well, and that I could build it, would be interesting to have (scare the new kids working for an MCP when I bring it in to class).
Haha, nice. One of things I've discovered after building it is that the solder joints between the snaps and the wires get a good deal of flexing, causing them to break. My solution, after resoldering, will be to sew much more thread in the area of those joints to both support them and prevent flexing. We'll see if that helps.
*bump* Still working on that problem mentioned in the previous post. I need to post updated pix...
well, as soon as we have a "final" version, how about some step by step instructions so others of us can build and that.
But of course! I'll even include software. The only problem is that the snap positions have to be customized to each hand and keyboard hacked to be used, but that's not really that hard.
thats understandable, you just make it work for you, then go through what it would take to build on for your buddies.
Fair enough. Perhaps I'll even get to it tonight after I make some progress on DCS
Thats what I like to hear, progress on DCS Very Happy .
Harq wrote:
Thats what I like to hear, progress on DCS Very Happy .
Yup, it's making progress. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours