Everyone loves free stuff, and Casio has (very quietly) announced a way to trade free publicity for free money. The Casio Education Testimonials Sweepstakes challenges you to upload a testimonial video promoting Casio calculators like the fx-CG10/fx-CG20 Prizm to Twitter. In order to enter, you must (1) post a review of a Casio calculator on Casio's website, then (2) upload a video that includes that review to Twitter with the hashtags #CasioEduTestimonials and #entry, tagging @CasioPrizm in the tweet. Casio will then randomly select one entrant for a $1000 prize. There are three entry periods: until February 1st, March 1st, and April 1st. One winner will be announced in each period. As tempting as it was to keep this very quiet contest under my hat to win, I wanted to share with you all so you have a shot at it too! If you love Casio technology, this could be a chance to both tell people how much you like their calculators and win some money. Good luck!
Oh man, I should try this! I missed the February 1st deadline but might try and make the others!
I see that they already contacted a winner for the pre-February 1st part (hint: not me), but there are indeed two parts still to go. I am not clear if you need to make a new video for each part, or if you can resubmit the same review and video for each part.
*bump* Somehow I managed to win the February part of this, despite my video review appearing in what I thought was the January period. After taxes I'm sure my takeaway will be a lot less than $1000, but it's still pretty exciting. You should enter for the final third of the contest!
KermMartian wrote:
*bump* Somehow I managed to win the February part of this, despite my video review appearing in what I thought was the January period. After taxes I'm sure my takeaway will be a lot less than $1000, but it's still pretty exciting. You should enter for the final third of the contest!
Congrats, really happy for you :thumbsup:

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours