CalcMax wrote:
Back of calc stuff ends with P-0908M

The ID is unique to your calculator so let's ignore that. Turns out though, I have the same series of calculator as you and I'd love to give it a try. As I'm sure a few others do as they have large collections of TI calculators.

So either post the code to test the overclock here or, PM it to me.
lemme guess, the hex equiv of a gazillion is
    69 64 6b 20 77 68 61 74 20 69 6d 20 64 6f 69 6e 67
Also if hypothetically you HAD found some way to get a z80 to run at late 90s speeds (I mean the actual 1990s, which you have clearly not been a part of, not some speed measurement) why would you not be inclined to share this with people, this simply reinforces the community's hostility against your so called findings. Neutral
And, not that it's anyone's business but why would your parents kill you for posting a video of a calculator online or even merely using a computer?
CalcMax wrote:

You cant disprove me. I will only listen if you prove that the test calc of yours is the same h/w rev as mine, but you still cant disprove me!

Since you are claiming to do something that is known to be physically imposable, we wont believe you untill you provide code >_>
Well, I would have gladly release the current code (in a 8xp of course) , but 80% of cemetech hates me, so as revenge I will NOT release the code until 2020.

P.S. Another reason for not giving code: the CEO of TI will sue me if I give it out!!!!
CalcMax wrote:
Well, I would have gladly release the current code (in a 8xp of course) , but 80% of cemetech hates me, so as revenge I will NOT release the code until 2020.

P.S. Another reason for not giving code: the CEO of TI will sue me if I give it out!!!!

It's ok! We're all here to teach/learn, as illustrated by the unofficial motto on the banner.
That being said, don't you agree it's just a little odd that you, a relative newcomer, is claiming something that's never been done before and that most of the experts are saying it's impossible?

If you don't want to release the code, then that is up to you, but please don't get upset if people don't necessarily believe you.
That doesn't mean they dislike you, but see it from their perspective. Someone who is a veteran in calculator programming thinks (and probably does) know that what you are claiming is impossible. They have studied and learned about the hardware for years. They won't want to change their mind without proof, similar to how an older generation will think their ways are better than the newer generations, and are resistant to change.
Please consider this, and remember that proof is important when making a claim.
Also, the CEO of TI will not sue you, people have been overclocking hardware for years without being sued.
CalcMax wrote:

Oh this is gunna be fun. We don't hate you, we just don't believe you. I really encourage you to learn the difference between hate and the disbelief, doubt, skepticism and, distrust we are casting upon you and your claim. You really aren't getting revenge on us by withholding the code, just merely enforcing our quite valid stance of disbelief, doubt, skepticism and, distrust.

Quote:

No. I'm pretty sure that isn't going to happen. At the very least a Cease and Desist which can escalate to a lawsuit, sure, but I really doubt you're doing anything that warrants a C&D letter because what you're claiming isn't possible on the hardware. Above I asked you to PM me the code so I can verify it because we have the same calculator model, I would still like to do this. I of course take responsibility to any harm the code will do to my calculator.
Nobody cares.
QUIET. I am abandoning topic!
CalcMax wrote:

But you are creating more, causing the exact same issue to occur over and over again. It's not going to stop unless you provide proof or admit you were wrong.
Topic of, you stalker.
CalcMax wrote:

CalcMax wrote:
Topic of, you stalker.

Please post relevant information. The forum is not an IRC room, and we don't accept posts with meaningless information. We also don't like to have 10 word posts every five seconds because someone replied to your topic. I would advise you stop wasting everyone's time and admit you were wrong.
N
o
b
o
d
y

c
a
r
e
s
All-caps usage should be mandatory in this topic.
This is the last post on this topic I will make till 2020, and I may persuade elfprince13 to bribe Kerm with some asm goodies in order to get him to wipe this topic off cemetech.
CalcMax wrote:
I may persuade elfprince13 to bribe Kerm with some asm goodies in order to get him to wipe this topic off cemetech.

Good luck with that.
CalcMax wrote:
This is the last post on this topic I will make till 2020, and I may persuade elfprince13 to bribe Kerm with some asm goodies in order to get him to wipe this topic off cemetech.

Honestly, I think that every time you post here, you get more replies. So you are correct to not post anything else. I advise you just let this topic die by itself Smile
Just saw this overclocked nspire video on SAX here https://vid.me/qoZs - is any of the above legit? Is it just a hack for removing plotting delay in graphs - any similar hack for prizm? I mean removing plotting delay not overclocking?
Well CalcMax, we don't hate you, and I don't hate you Smile So I ask you to send me your code by PM, so I will be able to overclock my calculator Smile
CalcMax wrote:

It's 2020. Let's see some code.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours