Or perhaps he tried that on an emulator :p
Dont try your dirty tricks again!
Made new code that pushes calc to the (vrooming) speed limit!

P.S. Does the ti84+se have a mathematical coprocessor?!
CalcMax wrote:

Evil or Very Mad
CalcMax wrote:
Does the ti84+se have a mathematical coprocessor?!
Oddly enough, no. For cost reasons, all mathematical operations are implemented in software using a 70s-era 8-bit CPU---namely, the Z80. While this is slower than having an FPU, keep in mind that the TI-84 Plus SE is designed to be a handheld scientific graphing calculator, not a numerical computing workstation. The limiting factor in the typical mathematical tasks the calculator performs is not how fast it crunches numbers, but how fast the student can type without making errors, which is always slower than the student thinks. . . .

(While we often lampoon the e/Z80 series hardware, when pressed, I'll admit that it serves its inteded purpose just fine. Except for the TI-84 Plus C SE. That one sucked.)
Well, how did you "measure" the CPU frequency ? Did you *really* compare (with a 'While 1' loop in Classic mode and a clock) the speed of a 'regular' TI-84+ SE and the speed of your calc ?
Kerm's analog clock works VERY fast. Minecraft creates maps faster. Graphing is really fast (sans slowdowns). It does 69! around 20 times in a few secs.Zoom math graphs much faster and saves me huge time!!!!!!
P.S.
I dont have access to another calc because i live in a 3rd world balkan country ( i am only part american and have lived in silicon valley and other parts of the usa before). In my country, there is only one other(distant) ti84+se that i have heard of, so i cant compare with any other calc. I have wabbitemu and the OC doesnt work on the emulated 83+.

P.P.S: Z80 rules!!!!!!!
CalcMax wrote:
Kerm's analog clock works VERY fast.

IIRC, the clock uses a specific BASIC command that measures time using a clock separate from the CPU clock. This is why if you overclock your computer’s CPU it still measures time correctly.
Oh, no! it actually counts seconds faster. this prog allows manual time input!
The calculator has a separate 32768 Hz quartz crystal that handles keeping track of the time and triggering timer interrupts. The CPU speed won't affect it at all. I don't even think voltage really affects it; the resonance is really only based on the length of the crystal fork prongs. The reason for having two separate oscillators instead of single high-frequency crystal for both time and CPU clocking is likely both historical and practical: older models used a simple RC tank circuit and they probably didn't feel like reworking that logic, and high-frequency crystals consume more power.
Oh, the clock draws itself faster with the OC.
P.S. My modded version of Kerm's internet explorer 0.3 works better with the OC that before.
P.P.S. Kerm must NOT kill me for moddin his stuff.
CalcMax wrote:
Oh, no! it actually counts seconds faster. this prog allows manual time input!

Quote:
Oh, the clock draws itself faster with the OC.
P.S. My modded version of Kerm's internet explorer 0.3 works better with the OC that before.
P.P.S. Kerm must NOT kill me for moddin his stuff.

So... first you're saying it DOES have a warped sense of time with the "overclock," then once we disprove you it's suddenly counting time properly? Is this like those cartoons where the character doesn't fall until they look down?
The newest edition of the OC program has caused video problems on the minecraft 2d remake i am using. Vibrating video, etc...
Also, i have achieved peak fps levels of 12fps on gamegraphics test on timark 11. Highest average yet is 6.58. ASCII-PONG II is very fast now!

You cant disprove me. I will only listen if you prove that the test calc of yours is the same h/w rev as mine, but you still cant disprove me!

P.S. Again, i take IMMENSE pleasure in modding Kerm's ti basic programs and i mAy start sending copies of them to my favorite cemetech friendS! To bad Kerm hasnt made an OC prog for me to mod. Mine is reaching its limits. TI-84+ SE
CalcMax wrote:
You cant disprove me. I will only listen if you prove that the test calc of yours is the same h/w rev as mine, but you still cant disprove me!
What's the last part of your calc's serial number? (The part like K-1113Z.)
CalcMax wrote:
The newest edition of the OC program has caused video problems on the minecraft 2d remake i am using. Vibrating video, etc...
Also, i have achieved peak fps levels of 12fps on gamegraphics test on timark 11. Highest average yet is 6.58. ASCII-PONG II is very fast now!

What the heck is "timark 11"
ID: 0A327-2EA2A-Aff8
Back of calc stuff ends with P-0908M
CalcMax wrote:
I am not sure, after 100mhz, the speed doesnt increase in a linear path. ... NO overheating, just minor warmth!

Note that the warmth that you are feeling is going through the case to reach you. So while you may only think it's mildly warm, it could actually be quite hot in there. Just warning you.
CalcMax wrote:
You cant disprove me.
But we can't prove you either.
CalcMax wrote:

Not that I know of.
Why dont you try the 40mhz code?!
My new code has the hex equiv of a gazillion, and calc gets slightly warm.
Scary minecraft video problem, though.
Timark11 is available on ticalc.org. Must leave soon. Mom will punish me if she catches me at pc!
Wow, just wow.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours