Ok. This is definitely NOTHING pro grade compared to MSD8X, but since msd8x doesnt work properly on my calc, I had to improvise. I made a simple ti-basic program (I think 6 lines) that generates an intermittent connection with ANY usb device i connect (ie. camera or sd reader). So far no access to data on the devices, but still good to see usb logo on camera and flashing lights on mz universal mem card reader. Note: batteries must be in good condition in order to give enough voltage out of the usb port.

Works on DCS 7.2.
I will post the code when i get to it (I have too much schoolwork now, i am only 15).

[edit]

OK. I have the code. Now the code can also, beside being used for usb access, be used to download str1-str2 from another calculator.
PROGRAM NAME:USBULTRA
Code:
::''USBULTRA 1.0
:Lbl 1
:GetCalc(str1,1
:GetCalc(str2,1
:GetCalc(str3,1
:GetCalc(str4,1
:Goto 1

Hope everyone likes this...

P.S. Sorry, i currently cant upload any pictures.

admin edit: please don't double post within such a short timeframe
Sweet! Looks cool.
Thanks!
Did you test it?!
It makes usb devs think there is a pc connected. This is the part where my programming is even better than Kerm's (usb ti-basic stuff only). Smile
CalcMax wrote:
since msd8x doesnt work properly on my calc
What calc do you have? Did you also install usbdrv8x? If so, does msd8x just crash the calc?

I think I know why msd8x doesn't work.
I deleted msd8x and usbdrv8x to save space, but when i have both, it had a problem of some kind. not sure, but the topic of this area is MY program not msd8x.
I have ti 84+ silver.

Code:
:GetCalc(str1,1
  1. Calculator turns on USB controller
  2. Connected device receives bus power, turns on
  3. Calculator attempts to communicate with another calculator on the bus
  4. There is no other calculator on the bus
  5. Controller turns off
This is doing nothing useful.
Remove that stupid reply of yours Tari, or I will tell Kerm to remove you from cemetech for insultive posts. I know ti basic FAR BETTER than is shown by my simple usb program. If i ever learn z80 asm, i will make something really good. Once again, delete that insult or i will complain about you to Kerm. My camer thinks it is linked to a pc and doesnt even show signs of link interruption!
CalcMax wrote:
Remove that stupid reply of yours Tari, or I will tell Kerm to remove you from cemetech for insultive posts. I know ti basic FAR BETTER than is shown by my simple usb program. If i ever learn z80 asm, i will make something really good. Once again, delete that insult or i will complain about you to Kerm. My camer thinks it is linked to a pc and doesnt even show signs of link interruption!

A) Tari knows what he's talking about.
B) You should definitely proceed with this plan. It should keep us all entertained.
Well, when i grow up, i will learn asm.
I just dont want tari's '' this is useless''.
Tari better be warned that if he sais my stuff is useless, i will really open a forum topic for me and Kerm called ''why does a 15 year-old get his programming insulted by tari''.
Last warning for Tari befor I really report HIM. LAST ONE!!!!
CalcMax wrote:
Tari better be warned that if he sais my stuff is useless, i will really open a forum topic for me and Kerm called ''why does a 15 year-old get his programming insulted by tari''.

1) I think you should take a look at the real GetCalc. There you can see, it is only for between two calculators, not a calc and a camera or whatever.
2) Tari is an admin, so she/he knows what he/she is doing Razz
3) I think Kerm and Tari are best friends, so that won't help
CalcMax wrote:

Tari has been reported to the proper authorities. Maybe next time he will post encouraging buzzwords rather than something useful and knowledgeable. He obviously has no experience with this sort of thing.

Anywho, do you have any other ideas on where you might take this program? Perhaps a multiplayer game between two calculators or something? Good luck! Smile
Great job!
CalcMax wrote:

(In other words, Tari was trying to help you learn more, and your reaction was not the gracious appreciation that one should give to an extremely skilled expert who is trying to help you. Please try to be more cordial and polite.)
I agree. Cemetech administrators and staff are not allowed to use Cemetech forums unless the topic author is not CalcMax.
Kerm, tari's description of the calc behaviour was OK, but the part where he said it was useless was far from true. I am in 99% of cases very polite, but when someone hurts my feelings, i get mad.

P.S. I am an ''advanced beginner'' in ti basic. I am only 15.
Will my trick work on ti84+ cse and ce?!
CalcMax wrote:
Kerm, tari's description of the calc behaviour was OK, but the part where he said it was useless was far from true. I am in 99% of cases very polite, but when someone hurts my feelings, i get mad.

P.S. I am an ''advanced beginner'' in ti basic. I am only 15.

insult - v. to do or say something that is offensive to (someone) : to do or say something that shows a lack of respect for (someone)

Talking about code is not talking about you. By the definition, he wasn't insulting you. And tbh if someone tells you some piece of code isn't useful, ask them why, instead of calling it an insult. It makes you sound a lot more mature and you can end up coming to a mutual understanding about the code, as opposed to having an entire thread that should be about the code derailed to defining what an insult is. Thank you.
It's a pretty neat trick but what do you use it for?
Still for expriments.
Does it work on ti 84 plus c silver?
The hack partially works with my WindowsCE gps!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours