News Item #229 wrote:
Three weeks after resuming heavy development on Doors CS, I have completed the GUI rendering routines. The core of one of Doors CS 6's main features, these 23 functions provide a wide variety of GUI tools. For backgrounds and containers, there is FullScreenImage, SmallWindow, and LargeWindow, each of which is associated with a 5x8 icon and a window title. Each of these can be given added functionality with window buttons, including the minimize, maximize, restore, and close buttons. Inside of these containers, you can put single- and multi-line text input, single- and multi-line text display, radio buttons and checkboxes. Further user input can be obtained through byte and word numerical input items, password input, and both image and text buttons. Graphics and familiarity can be added through fully dynamic horizontal and vertical scrollbars, 8xN and BxC sprites, borders, filled rectangles, and the option to add your own custom rendering routines. All of these are accessed through a simply system called the GUI Stack. Simply point to some GUI data, call PushGUIStack, then call RenderGUI when you want the items displayed. As you can see from the roadmap previously published, the next step is to begin working on a dynamic mouse routine that can use the contents of the GUI Stack with no additional data and return the results to the program. Check out the GUI rendering screenshots below.

Looking good Kerm, very impressive.
huzzah!
Thanks a lot guys. The interactive mouse routines are my next hurdle, but luckily I have a vague idea of how I'm going to go about doing it. I'll start with setting up the hotspots and cursor hotspots, which should be relatively easy.
*Sigh* You know how I feel about the mouse...
I know how you feel, but I'm hoping that the adjustable sensitivity and speed I'm adding will help win you over to the mouse.
Can you click and drag the small window yet? Now, that would be cool Cool

Otherwise, it's looking awesome Kerm.
Chipmaster wrote:
Can you click and drag the small window yet? Now, that would be cool Cool

Otherwise, it's looking awesome Kerm.
Actually, I do have that planned. The way I have stuff set up, the contents of the windows have coordinates relative to the container, not the screen. This means dragging is as simply as changing the window base coordinates.
Wow, that's cool. The only thing more that windows can do, is resize the windows. Are there any plans for this as well?
I don't have specific plans for that, although I have considered it. That would be extremely easy to do; the only thing that would be even slightly challenging is right-aligned stuff, basically only the window buttons.
Will these routines be available for developpers to use in DCS programs?
something1990 wrote:
Will these routines be available for developpers to use in DCS programs?
Absolutely. That's the whole point of it. Smile I will, however, probably be utilizing the system within Doors CS itself to save space and speed things up.
I believe at this point, Doors has the most developing utilities of any shell out there. You have all the ones in ion, and mirage plus a slew of Doors ones. Go DCS!
Now you just have to get to work on those basic routines * Wink * Wink * *nudge*nudge*
Chipmaster wrote:
I believe at this point, Doors has the most developing utilities of any shell out there. You have all the ones in ion, and mirage plus a slew of Doors ones. Go DCS!

Go DCS! More developping utilities means a better shell and better games for that shell. According to the roadmap, you should be working on DCS v5.6b.
That's the plan. I want to make it attractive and easy enough to make stuff for Doors CS that developers switch to it entirely. And yes, this is now 5.6b. I should really package it up and release a version, shouldn't I?
has the scroll bug been fixed yet?
Erm...hehe... >_>. This is funny. I can program a GUI and (now) a dynamic, recursive mouse routine, but I can't fix that @#$%ed scroll bug. *sigh*
This has got the be one of the coolest calculator projects I have ever seen. Cool It looks like Windows on a TI-83+ (so calcgames.org's April Fool's joke isn't that far away from being possible Wink ).
Thank you very much! I hope that everyone else has the same reaction. \

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours