So I had some time today, so I made a couple routines for the CE. It's really basic, but it works okay. I made 1bpp, 4bpp, 4bpp enlaged x2, and 8bpp, and 16bpp routines... Also, a custom text routine that can print characters 0-255.... And I threw together a simple tile mapper... And some screen shifting, along with a getpixel and color pixel. Next to do is some actual clipping. Razz
(Technically the 8bbp and 16bbp aren't what they are... But hey, that's what I would use them for. Razz)
Screenshot:

Source: Download

Also, I provided the code and the actual file structure, in case you want to do stuff with it. Oh, and please, if you see optimizations that I should make, tell me! If I can do something faster in ez80, or my code needs some serious restructuring, that would be great to know. Thanks! Smile

Oh, and for the curious:
Nice going Mateo! They all look really good. I'm surprised we already have a CE .inc file.
123outerme, some very smart and dedicated people have been working for some time to put one together. Smile Mateo, very impressive work, considering that modifying the LCD mode, using interrupts, and performing direct key input are impossible (I sound as complainy as DrDnar's WikiTI edits now Razz). I think it's safe to say that if we ever get an App signing key for Cemetech or the community that I'll want some fast, small, drop-in replacement sprite routines for Doors CE.
Sounds good! Smile Anywho, I've added in sprite clipping for 4bpp, 8bpp, and 16bpp. The other ones I don't care about enough to attempt just yet... But I'll do it at some point. Smile I'm just wonder what in the world I am going to do about direct input... Hmm, time for some exploration! Smile

I'll update it once I actually can make sure it is a-working the way it should be. Smile
Haha, I guess this little thing is kind of unnecessary now. I did make it pretty quick; so hopefully I can scrap some of it for something, I guess. Oh well. Is anyone still interested in looking at this; even though it is still completely useless? Razz
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Haha, I guess this little thing is kind of unnecessary now. I did make it pretty quick; so hopefully I can scrap some of it for something, I guess. Oh well. Is anyone still interested in looking at this; even though it is still completely useless? Razz
Useless why? Certainly a Doors CSE-like shell is going to need some well-written graphics routines, and because I'm lazy, I'd love to take advantage of your hard work. Wink
On behalf of @kasherpete, who for some reason didn't post the question, do you still have the source for the 4bpp versions of the routines available?
KermMartian wrote:
On behalf of @kasherpete, who for some reason didn't post the question, do you still have the source for the 4bpp versions of the routines available?

The 4bpp was actually a lookup table using 16bpp - this was all done before we figured out we had memory mapped ports, so it's no longer really useful or relevant!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours