I cannot use CEmu, because it won't turn on, and the keypad isn't showing occasionally (imagine a white spot). I have re-downloaded and re-compiled the code, and got a new ROM from my calculator.

(nothing unusual in console)

Could it be that I'm using an outdated QT? I don't think it matters, as even the program that I pre-compiled broke.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I cannot get screenies today, but maybe tomorrow.
You need to reload the ROM file.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
You need to reload the ROM file.

Been there, done that.

_iPhoenix_ wrote:
and got a new ROM from my calculator.
I've got a bug... the keypad looks compressed. I'll put pics, as soon as I figure out how to embed them in my post instead of putting a Google Drive link up each time...
SM84CE wrote:
I've got a bug... the keypad looks compressed. I'll put pics, as soon as I figure out how to embed them in my post instead of putting a Google Drive link up each time...

This is due to windows font rendering. It looks fine in Linux and macOS. There's an open issue for fixing this; and hopefully it will be soon.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
SM84CE wrote:

This is due to windows font rendering. It looks fine in Linux and macOS. There's an open issue for fixing this; and hopefully it will be soon.

OK, that makes sense. Can I have a progress report?? It's annoying to either have to switch tabs between CEmu and a picture of the TI84PCE keypad (from the internet), or having my actual calc out to reference the keys. The main purposes I use CEmu is 1) I'm charging my calc and it is out of reach and I need to do math homework (and/or program). 2) I'm testing some asm code (Create Protected BASIC programs, routine from Cesium 2.1.1 source (Credits go to MateoConLechuga))
I'm a total newbie, so please excuse if this has been covered... I looked but couldn't find an answer. Anyways, I got CEmu64.exe (most recent version) to run. It seems to be OK, and I ran an ASM program that worked on the TI-84+ CE successfully. The problem is that the keyboard just has a single vertical line on most of the keys other than the numbers. Text above keys is fine. I tried to paste in a screen print, but it doesn't work.

The windows console for CEmu84.exe states:
setGeometry: Unable to set geometry 3075x2493+597+207 on QWidgetWindow/'MainWindowWindow'. Resulting geometry: 3075x2108+597+207 (frame: 16, 72, 16, 16, custom margin: 0, 0, 0, 0, minimum size: 894x605, maximum size: 16777215x16777215).

Any idea how to fix this so I can see the labels on the keys?

Windows 10, screen 3840 x 2160

Thank you for any suggestions, and thank you for such an awesome tool !

EDIT: OK... Must be some kind of scaling issue, as stated above. If i run the CEmu program with the screen at 2048 x 1152 then all looks fine. If I then resize the screen back to native, things get weird and truncated but the labels on the keys are preserved.

Any way to make it look correct on the native resolution?
Could you try the suggestions from here: https://github.com/CE-Programming/CEmu/issues/91#issuecomment-332257057
(my post and alberthro's)
I got CEmu64 to work with characters on all keys!

I used the version in the folder labelled "win64-release-shared" instead of the debug versions.

I can't seem to get the windows where I want (like display above keyboard)...

OK-- a few basic questions if anyone has the time (and patience) to respond...

-Is there a manual of sorts for CEmu64?

-What are the different versions of CEmu (such as shared, debug, static...) ?

-Is there a tutorial for writing ASM for the TI-84? (I found a great one on this site, but it is unfinished)

Thanks for any suggestions... Smile
MESS wrote:
-What are the different versions of CEmu (such as shared, debug, static...) ?
If you click on the "MSVC Builds + Wizard" tab on this download page, and then click on the "Launch Wizard" button, it'll guide you through what all of those words mean... and which build is right for you!

EDIT: Updated the page to now point to the official page, where updates will take place from now on!
We just launched a shiny new webpage with everything you could ever want to know about CEmu! This include a simpler wizard for navigating some of the download pages. Take a peek:

https://ce-programming.github.io/CEmu/
https://ce-programming.github.io/CEmu/download

This is amazing, and will be insanely useful for a lot of people.

I really like the design of the webpage.

Perhaps have install instructions for systems other than Windows?
How often will it be updated? Will CEmu now notify you if there is a new version?
Also, do I need QT creator since all I ever used it for was to build CEmu?

EDIT: the webpage looks amazing!
TheLastMillennial wrote:
How often will it be updated? Will CEmu now notify you if there is a new version?
Also, do I need QT creator since all I ever used it for was to build CEmu?

No; the latest builds are available directly on the site. What you are using is whatever is on the master branch. Auto updating is not done yet; however because it is still in development.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
This is amazing, and will be insanely useful for a lot of people.

I really like the design of the webpage.

Perhaps have install instructions for systems other than Windows?

Done: https://ce-programming.github.io/CEmu/download

It's somewhat difficult for Linux users, since systems can vary greatly... but here's a first attempt!
Today I noticed that CEmu was running a little fast, so I looked at my throttling. It was at 100% which confused me since this was obviously not running at the correct speed. I click the throttling box to turn off the throttling, that's when CEmu crashed. I tried again but I got the same result no matter what the throttling percent was at. I even tried reloading ROM but nothing fixed it.

I'm not completely sure I have the latest version. On your CEmu website, could you include the date when the program was last updated?
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Today I noticed that CEmu was running a little fast, so I looked at my throttling. It was at 100% which confused me since this was obviously not running at the correct speed. I click the throttling box to turn off the throttling, that's when CEmu crashed. I tried again but I got the same result no matter what the throttling percent was at. I even tried reloading ROM but nothing fixed it.

I'm not completely sure I have the latest version. On your CEmu website, could you include the date when the program was last updated?

We'll look into that. Smile As for the date if you look in the lower right corner of the download page you will notice at this time "3707c92 @ 2017-10-11 02:44:26.026383"; which gives you the commit number and the date the builds are for.
Thanks to all who have helped point me in the right direction!

More Newbie questions...

Is there an instruction manual for CEmu? I've looked through the wiki (on website above) without much luck. I'm sure it's hard to document a work in progress...

My current question is about doing debugging with CEmu. I load the build of my assembly program, send it to CEmu, but I don't know how to step through it for debugging. I put 6 NOP instructions, and then a HALT command in the assembly program, run the program, and hit STOP in the debugger screen, but I can't find the program through the disassembler. The highlighted op-code is not from the program, and I can't find the NOP instructions by scrolling with the disassembler.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated! Confused
Place a breakpoint at D1A881. That's where program execution starts.

I'd also recommend loading the equates (.lab) file for your program into CEmu's debugger. If you're using spasm, I believe you can trigger the creation of this file when assembling with the -L flag (or maybe -T, I can't remember which).
The easiest way to get started debugging goes a little like this:

When you assemble your file, use 'spasm -E -L source.asm PRGM.8xp'. The -L option will create PRGM.lab; which is important.

Transfer the assembled program by using drag+drop or some other method.

From the disassembly tab; you can load the PRGM.lab equates file by pressing the 'Load...' button and selecting it from the screen. (Note that every time you reassemble, just press the 'Refresh' button to update the equates automatically.

Next, navigate to the Breakpoint tab and create a new breakpoint. When it asks for an address, simply type 'usermem', and press enter. This will set a breakpoint at the entry point to your program. The value is also d1a881, which you can enter alternatively as well.

Then run your program. The debugger will open right at the start of your program, which you can then begin stepping through.

We will work on creating a user guide; right now development is a little more of a priority Smile

Hope this helps

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 10 of 15
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours