Then reinstalling would be the best choice, since I don't know of any other way.
I just figured out, so I'll say it: Right click on the SCREEN and the menu will come up.
Edit: How do I connect 2 calculators together by USB? Or is that impossible?
I do not believe that's possible at this time. :\
MMMMMMMMMMMMM wrote:
Sorry if I'm dumb, but where do you go to type that in?

I'm not very good with CEmu, but you can compile it like any asm program and send it over to CEmu. Detailed instructions on how to setup the assembler can be found in the introduction of ez80 heaven.
It appears he is asking how to change memory in CEmu, not through a calculator program.
To edit the contents of memory in CEmu, go to Debug and select Debug Control. Press Stop to freeze the calculator and allow memory to be viewed. Then go to Debug>Memory to view and edit memory. You can then unfreeze the calc to see how the memory changes.
Whenever I edit memory, it changes back. Even when I edited Flash memory DURING an ldir instruction.
MMMMMMMMMMMMM wrote:
Whenever I edit memory, it changes back. Even when I edited Flash memory DURING an ldir instruction.

Well did you press the Sync button above once you were finished editing?
Thanks, I didn't notice it.
By the way, where is all the code? Like, where is the code for each function in the Flash? Is there a map?
In the debugger panel, click on the folder icon to the right of "Equates:" to load a symbol file. Use ti84pce.inc for the OS. Any matching equates will be displayed in the disassmebly as labels, and you can type them into the "Goto" box to go to them.
All right, thank you. Mateo said at one point that he would like TASing capabilities for the CE. Is that ever coming to CEmu?
MMMMMMMMMMMMM wrote:
All right, thank you. Mateo said at one point that he would like TASing capabilities for the CE. Is that ever coming to CEmu?

While this isn't planned for now, it would probably become possible once this is done (allows for precise and reproducible/deterministic code execution)
Hello everyone! The latest CEmu v1.1 release is here. Big thanks to jacobly, Adriweb, alberthro, calc84, and Runer112 for all their contributions! Here's a brief changelog, written up by Adriweb and viewable on the github release:

Download: https://github.com/CE-Programming/CEmu/releases/latest

We've had some nice feedback and bug reports after the v1.0 release!
This new "minor" update (actually, it's pretty big) addresses most reported issues, add new things, and improves others.

Additions
    * Handling of invalid ROM types (for example, if a non-CE ROM is loaded)
    * Setting to choose the update rate of the FPS and emulation speed indicators
    * New `no-settings` CLI argument (in order not to load or save them)
    * Ability to force-redistribute the panes by double-clicking on their borders
    * FP and OP stacks viewer/editor (new pane), assuming normal OS execution
    * Message types and colors support in the console pane
    * TI-Basic syntax highlighting added to the variable viewer
    * GetStringInput var ('$') support in the variables pane
    * Button to toggle the ASCII side of the memory view
    * Support for transferring bundle files (.b83/.b84)
    * Added more icons everywhere
    * Full screen modes (F11 key)

GUI improvements
    * Better layouting behaviour of some panes regarding resizing and extra space/margin
    * Use a more appropriate location for the FPS indicator (bottom right of the status bar)
    * Use a higher-resolution icon set
    * The bottom corners of the keypad are now rounded
    * Append the git SHA next to the CEmu version labels
    * Updated the about window with more credits and better layout
    * The memory and stack views now support infinite scroll
    * Dock grouping is now optional and togglable in the settings

Other improvements
    * Check write permissions on the settings folder and use portable configuration as fallback
    * Use a more appropriate path for settings storage
    * Try to migrate as many settings as possible between versions
    * The disassembler code has been replaced by a new one written from scratch by @jacobly0, zdis
    * The built-in memory view code has been rewritten and is now much shorter and to the point
    * The built-in console has been revamped, it supports more things and is faster now
    * Simplified and reworked debugging-related code in the core (stepping, watch/breakpoints...)
    * Improved variable content preview support (underlying library updated)
    * Improved timer-related code in the core
    * Improved OS keypad scanning hardware-like accuracy
    * Qt 5.10.1 + a newer MSVC version are now used to build the default Windows binaries

Bug fixes
    * Don't show the no-update-available popup for the auto-check *(was already backported into 1.0)*
    * Fix portable mode behavior and paths (especially on macOS)
    * Fix invisible new "Memory view" window *(Windows-only bug)*
    * Fix various threading related issues
    * Fix incorrect screen recording speed
    * Fix floating windows' behaviour and default look
    * Fix sorting issue with the state list
    * Fix CLI sending and use a delay compatible with old ROMs
    * Fix state restoring conflicting with translations
    * Fix incorrect interrupt trigger on a specific LCD condition
    * Fix LCD displaying garbage data under specific conditions when SPI was used
    * Fix LCD dock being cropped off by 1 pixel at the top in some conditions
I should have posted earlier, but awesome work team!
Hello everyone! The latest CEmu v1.2 release is here. Big thanks to jacobly, Adriweb, alberthro, calc84, and Runer112 for all their contributions! Here's the download link:

Download: https://github.com/CE-Programming/CEmu/releases/latest

For fun (until it's much cleaner and integrated properly with the rest), I've made a ti-basic live execution viewer thingy :

It's on the feature/basic_dbg branch Razz
Really cool!

Edit:
Shouldn't 64! overflow? Razz
c4ooo wrote:
Edit:
Shouldn't 64! overflow? Razz

I think it errors at 70. So in theory factorial 69 is the highest it can do.

But I just picked a random number large enough to be shown properly while animated. That said, I still had to throttle the emulation speed down...
Very nice - also CONGRATS on the POTY victory all Smile.
Wow, that's really cool, Adriweb ! Can you step through it and manually trigger errors and go to the code on calc? That could start an awesome BASIC debugger !

And fantastic work on CEmu !
Xeda112358 wrote:
Wow, that's really cool, Adriweb ! Can you step through it and manually trigger errors and go to the code on calc? That could start an awesome BASIC debugger !

And fantastic work on CEmu !

Thanks !

So far no breakpoint or anything, but I believe we have all we need technically to be able to have that.
Well, being able to ahve custom actions whenever a write-watchpoint is triggered, would be pretty sweet ... Razz but that's an improvement on CEmu's side, not something specific to ti-basic debugging

Also, yep, it's (the beginning of) the efforts to make some TI-Basic debugger. see https://github.com/CE-Programming/CEmu/issues/286 for more details. Feel free to let us know about any ideas about debugging features you may want!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 13 of 15
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours