Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
This looks great! I'm going to have to check out the monochrome version. I might be able to get it on one of the school calculators.
After some time away from working on this, I've made some minor progress. I decided to go back to 16x16 sprites, and increase the view range to 16x12 tiles on the 84+CE. Here's an early screenshot.

Looks awesome man!
Looks very nice indeed Very Happy
That's awesome and looks so smooth Very Happy
Thanks! I've added a few more tiles, and the machine gun & twin laser sprites as well (but I haven't drawn the explosion animations or door opening animations as yet).

That's amazing! The speed is great and the graphics are superb!
tr1p1ea wrote:
That's amazing! The speed is great and the graphics are superb!

Thanks man! I'd love to take credit for the graphics, but for the most part they're taken straight from the original Amiga game (with a couple of minor tweaks here or there) Smile
The shooting sprites are now finished, and I've also improved the functionality a little to more closely match the Team 17 original. Here you can see the machine gun (still with no wall collision/explosion animation), twin laser, flame arc, plasma rifle and flamethrower all in action in colour:


Whilst I was at it, I've updated the shooting sprites and functionality on the monochrome version to match as well. On the left are the old sprites from v2.1.0, and on the right are the updated sprites which are just scaled down and monochrome'd from their colour counterparts:


I guess these screenshots also show what the same level/section looks like in both the colour and monochrome versions (I'm yet to do the colour spaceship tiles) Smile
I almost bought a CE the other day. Now I'm wishing I had! The TI-83(84) plus version is my favorite game right now though Very Happy
JamesV wrote:
The shooting sprites are now finished, and I've also improved the functionality a little to more closely match the Team 17 original. Here you can see the machine gun (still with no wall collision/explosion animation), twin laser, flame arc, plasma rifle and flamethrower all in action in colour:


Whilst I was at it, I've updated the shooting sprites and functionality on the monochrome version to match as well. On the left are the old sprites from v2.1.0, and on the right are the updated sprites which are just scaled down and monochrome'd from their colour counterparts:


I guess these screenshots also show what the same level/section looks like in both the colour and monochrome versions (I'm yet to do the colour spaceship tiles) Smile

Nice.

This project sounds epic, James. Keep it up! I really like the fact that you're doing this for the CE as well Very Happy

And before I forget:

/me adds this game list of games to download when they come out

Again, this is great, keep up the great work James.
That looks amazing JamesV! I'm surprised by how much progress you've made since the last update Razz
Looking awesome, the flame arc is my favourite. I love the speed on the monochrome version - pretty awesome that this is running off the same codebase Smile.
I love all the weapons, but like tr1p1ea said the flame is just way too awesome.
Are you still continuing this project. I saw it on the website. Smile
#Tankidaboss wrote:
Are you still continuing this project. I saw it on the website. Smile
I am, in fact, I'm working on it right now. Slowly.. but bit by bit.. Smile
I decided to attempt to recreate the menu screen from the original Amiga game, and it's now working! The camera is flying through a star field, panning on x/y at varying speeds, and alternating on z between flying forwards and backwards (also at varying speeds). The stars are each drawn in 1 of 8 shades of grey, depending on their current depth.

Unfortunately the GIF doesn't really do it justice with pixel artifacts resulting in some static stars and the flashing logo border not appearing very smooth.. But it looks much nicer running in CEmu, and even nicer again on calc Smile



I'll try to back port this to the monochrome version as well.
The TI-83/84+ monochrome equivalent:

Looking awesome man!
Small update on the CE version.. I've added in a couple more tiles, finished the explosion and door opening animations (although the latter isn't demonstrated here), finished the one-way laser beams, and drawn a placeholder alien sprite Razz I'm having trouble getting the aliens to look how I want when reducing the original 32x32 sprites down to 16x16 (I suck with pixel art), so I might need to ask for help at some point - I'll see how I go Smile

  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement