rivereye wrote:
I could do that.

Edit: Scale Changed to Kerm's Suggestion.
Cool, I approve. Good Idea
I would hope so. Any more suggestions. Btw, this can be changed between now and the 30th
You do realize that creating a full valid grid in TI-Basic is remarkable by itself, don't you? Once you do that, then it is quite easy to remove a few numbers (maybe based on difficulty)
well, we will see what happens when they get submitted.
o.O , I am hoping to get past that using my tecnique, but I am not sure how fast it is Evil or Very Mad
I have some ideas for the grading scale:

for every, say, 10 bytes that you can shave off the program you take away a point (optimization area). I agree with the label/goto though.

If you have a program to play Sudoku, speed can be awarded on factors such as speed of placing anumber, moving the cursor, and various features.
Double-post!!! Shock Smile
That sounds like a good idea. I think I would personally define speed as the time to generate puzzles and/or solve puzzles.
speed is the time to generate a solvable puzzle
k, yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. The secondary speed of the actual graphics or whatever can be part of miscellaneous.
true, there are a number of points in there to dish out. I hope to see some good things from this.
rivereye wrote:
true, there are a number of points in there to dish out. I hope to see some good things from this.
Indeed, same. I just checked the email, and so far no entries.
Give them time, it will take a while to get one done (that, and I won't download them until coding is over anyways)
rivereye wrote:
Give them time, it will take a while to get one done (that, and I won't download them until coding is over anyways)
Eh, true, because we want the latest one to be the one we use anyway.
that, and you want to judge in same timeframe, because some of the scoring will be dependent on my mood.
rivereye wrote:
that, and you want to judge in same timeframe, because some of the scoring will be dependent on my mood.
Fair enough. Any other contestants have questions about it yet?
Sorry about the double post... But i meant if it is, for example, a program to only play sudoku speed should be used like that, otherwise you could just throw that into misc.

Also, Rivereye, please, I just need the reassurance that you don't have moodswings before i send mine in. Just Joking
I will try and be impartial, and attempt to grade them in one sitting (we shall see how that goes)
And I of course will help out with the judging./grading too.
ermm... I am not sure one sitting is very good, when I have to sit and work for long (I bet it would be long) periods of time, i start to get a little grumpy and abandon all feelings of mercy Razz

Also, I am almost done reprogramming my entire project, and I cut off about 500-800 bytes (i have a few more things to add, but i think i can keep those bytes off), not to mention the actual feeling of organization in the program Smile .
maybe, it all depends on how things go. I hate leaving things go on forever though also.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours