I will definitely enter this contest while programming in BASIC.
My first try is 68 bytes. Smile

BTW, it is fair that ASM-users can do it in <25 bytes, but that's absolute not possible in BASIC?

EDIT: I forgot to say which decode cipher I have used. Should I email or PM it, or is that not necessary?
Good work. I've been thinking about this for almost a day, and I still have no idea how you managed to get it that small.
PT_ wrote:
BTW, it is fair that ASM-users can do it in <25 bytes, but that's absolute not possible in BASIC?

Yes, because languages are scored separately.
That second one is pretty easy. Thanks to the new rules, I have 85 bytes. Without the new rules, I can get it down to only 62 bytes Sad

EDIT: I got the wrong cipher although I had the same output. Now I'm sure I'm right, but I will have 102 bytes Sad Sad
I finally, finally, FINALLY solved the cipher Smile.
I managed the program to 170 168 164 bytes. Good luck if you didn't figure out it yet!

EDIT: 163 bytes. I'm on the perfect road Razz
Congratulations for solving it, PT_! Do you think that our most recent hint about the Wikipedia page helped, or were you already on the right track?
KermMartian wrote:
Congratulations for solving it, PT_! Do you think that our most recent hint about the Wikipedia page helped, or were you already on the right track?

Thanks Smile
I was I think already on the right track, because it seems unlikely that you used another one, while this one is the third of five. It don't helped me, but it feels good that I had not the wrong cipher.
I've still no idea how to crack Challenge #4 (better said: there are 1000 solutions, but none results in a correct English sentence Razz). I will not give it up!
I'm planning to release another hint tomorrow, if jonbush is amenable to it, but in the meantime, I hope you're trying as many possibilities as you can think of to get texts out of rows and columns of pixels.
I SOLVED CHALLENGE #4!!!!

I don't know how much bytes exactly, but that doesn't seem to be necessary Razz

Thanks to hint #2 Smile Smile Smile

EDIT: 92 87 bytes!
A very hearty congratulations for being the first to solve Contest #4! I probably gave a little too much away with the final hint, but I wanted to make sure that people would be able to submit something for that challenge.
I've still no idea for challenge #5, still waiting for the hint, hope that helps!
Problem is there are billion ways to interpret numbers Razz
And I've solved challenge #5 too!!
Yet 105 bytes, not optimized

EDIT: 63 bytes

EDIT2: 51 50 bytes, my most optimized code

EDIT3: now 49 bytes, but still valid Very Happy
Congratulations on solving it. I just hope that more people will solve #4 and #5 now so that we have more jockeying for the top three places.
I'm still optimizing #5. I'm now at 45 bytes, I guess the absolute minimum Very Happy
Now the contest is over, I wanna see the entries of some people Wink
Here is my #5:

Code:
Ans->Str1
9[i]
For(C,1,length(Str1
   Pxl-On(real(Ans),imag(Ans
   Ans+[i]^^-1^expr(sub(Str1,C,1
End

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours