Blah blah blah, talk about busy past month, blah blah blah, check out the.. Oh, hey there!

Yep, another month has passed, and this month we've quite the list of things to show for it! You wonderful users have been doing some hard work on your projects, creating some fairly impressive programs and games along the way!

• Nspire Flow: awesommee333 has released his game of Flow for the Nspire calculators, written in Lua. It comes with 300 levels of play, with a variety of difficulties. Check the topic for screenshots and more information regarding the levels! Don't forget that our members have also written TI-FLOW for the monochrome TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus and Flow Free for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition.

• 2048:NoahK is working on a 2048 clone for the monochrome 84+ models, and has produced some nice looking, simple graphics. He's in need of community help in optimizing and making things faster/better. Check out his thread for his list of goals for the project and see how you can assist him.

• Scogger CSE: Iambian decided to tackle a port of geekboy1011's ScoggerTi for the CSE, and my what great graphics it has. The idea of the game is to jump your little frog from lily pad to lily pad to eliminate all the lily pads on the screen. Check out the topic for more information on gameplay, and how awesome it is!

• Catylizm: Spenceboy has brought a blast from the past up to the TI-Nspire using the C language, ported over from the Casio Prizm. The object of the game is to fly your cat character in space and collect coins and mice and fuel to keep going. Spenceboy first created Catlyzm for Cemetech Contest #13.

• Escheron: Twilight over Ragnoth: Geekboy took the time to throw this project at the mono2color project, and in under an hour's time, he had a working game. Check out the screenshot posted to the topic! Iambian and geekboy have also been working hard on the battle engine for the game, and we can't wait to see how it looks.

• DocEdit CSE: PT_ has continued on with progress of this project, and is asking for members to possibly give some feedback and vote in his poll to help push his project down the correct path. DocEdit CSE is set to replace his earlier ColorNote project, which itself is a port of Michael2_3B's BasicNote project. While you're at it, why not encourage Michael to complete and publish BasicNote?

• Pac-Attack!: Pac-Attack is a game that mixes PacMan and Tetris together. How does that work? Well, I don't know. Seriously, the screenshot in the thread makes the game look crazy hard. Something for you to check out, if you have an TI-Nspire, for sure!

• Cookie Clicker Nspire: Awesommee333 has been working on porting Cookie Clicker to the TI-Nspire. Not much can be said, as who doesn't know about cookie clicker games? Check the thread for an animated screenshot showing off the project.

• Doors CE 9: KermMartian has been doing the delicate juggle with real life things, trying to get work in on Doors CE and his actual day job. He's making some headway into an all inclusive shell for the CE, check out the topic to find out what is currently working, and what isn't. And no, he still doesn't have a release schedule out, although he plans to post a video of the shell in action this week.

• Abba Caving Calculator: I took some time this past month to work on updating the CE/CSE ACC to take out items that were not needed, and to fix an issue that I didn't know existed. Then decided to back port this program to the monochrome calculators, so you normal TI-84+ users can use this as well!

• Piezo Buzzers and Speakers in Calculators: BotBoy3000 has taken a break from his photolithographic 3D printer project for the winter, instead focusing on adding sound to graphing calculators. He's has explored putting piezo buzzers in his calculator as speakers, and explored the design of an amplifier. He later moved on to create a CAD model of a calculator speaker attachment. If you have thoughts on how he should shape and design that attachment, please let him know!

• Sorcery of Uvutu: 123outerme has continued to make progress on his top-down RPG for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. It improves his earlier game Dragonsglid with xLIBC graphics and much more. He's currently on beta 0.3, and your testing and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

• Pirate Adventures!: Not to be outdone, DWMelon has shown off screenshots of a pirate-themed RPG build for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition with xLIBC. He acknowledges that although he developed it completely independently, it happened to be similar to AquaWars, a currently-unfinished project by 123outerme. If you're excited about the prospect of role-playing as a pirate on your calculator, you should encourage one of both of those authors with feedback and ideas.

Quite the list, wouldn't you agree?

While we're on the topic of projects, we'd like to remind our users that the Program of the Year is currently going on at ticalc.org, running the 83+/84+ category, so make sure you get on over and vote for your favorite program!

Until next month, happy programming!
Hey! I made it or POTM! My 2048 clone is a beautiful as ever, and it is functional, but, as mentioned, it still has a few issues. I'm sure glad to see the community well and active.
NoahK wrote:
Hey! I made it or POTM! My 2048 clone is a beautiful as ever, and it is functional, but, as mentioned, it still has a few issues.
I hope we'll see the finished version from you soon! Good luck working out the remaining issues.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours