Urgent help needed! Crying My TI 84 plus C SE had about 25% battery or so left, so I decided to charge it. While charging it, I tried pressing the buttons but it wasn't working. I stopped charging it but the buttons were still unresponsive. The line keeps blinking so I know it isn't hanged. I can't switch off the calculator either.

What should I do? I have an university exam in 4 days so urgently need help! Advise would be much appreciated. Sad
I'd say try plugging it into your computer, see if TI Connect can see it. That might be enough to get it to respond again. IF that fails, you'll want to press the reset button on the back side of your calculator. This will cause a loss of program data in RAM, though.
This just happened to me too. I didn't try plugging it into the computer, but I did reset it. Unfortunately it'll reset all your RAM but that's all it'll touch. It's also happened to me when I plugged my calc in on the Doors CSE menu, but that crashed with crazy visual artifacts. I guess sometimes the code to either detect if you're charging or the code to change the battery icon freezes up somewhere.
tifreak8x wrote:
I'd say try plugging it into your computer, see if TI Connect can see it. That might be enough to get it to respond again. IF that fails, you'll want to press the reset button on the back side of your calculator. This will cause a loss of program data in RAM, though.

To add on to this, attempt to do the following (in order if one after the other works)
-Try to connect it to TI Connect. If it pops up in TI Connect and the keys work, awesome! If your calculator keys aren't responsive, try backing up the contents of the RAM, and do the following below. If not, you're going to have to deal with a RAM reset, sorry! Sad
-Press the reset button on the back of your calculator (and if it comes responsive, reflash the RAM programs you backed up)
-If that doesn't work, grab around a 2mm flathead (or philips) screwdriver, and take off the back cover where the battery is. After that, unplug, then plug the battery connector back in, and the calculator should turn back on (I'm somewhat sure that you can unplug/replug it since TI sells replacement batteries, so it should have the ability to be replaceable. Based on my knowledge, and the 84 PCE, this should be an effective way of completely cutting power from the calculator). If this works, plug it in to TI Connect, and restore RAM programs (if your calculator was detected by TI Connect

If that doesn't work, I'm out of solutions, there's gotta be another way to fix it (that I don't know of!)

On the other hand, good luck with your exam! Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours